1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV: good site

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by brucebaptist, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi jaigner

I can understand be updated for readability and because some of the meanings of words have changed;

But does that open the door, for removing words and verses and passages?!?!
    --------------------------------------------------
    If it was God’s Word 200 years ago, than it is God’s Word today!

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Since the KJV was published, there have been many, I believe in the thousands, of manuscripts discovered that are significantly older than those used to translate the KJV.

Comparing these newly discovered, older manuscripts has shown that those verses were likely later additions to the text, as they were not part of the earliest manuscripts. They simply weren't there at all in most of the manuscripts available.

So, in trying to be faithful to God's original written word without the benefit of original copies, modern translations have omitted the texts which only appear in a slim number of manuscripts that are generally accepted as being unreliable.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I love my KJV.

I do not love that site by any means. It is packed with the same old human reasoning that we hear so often in this argument. This, for example, is a bold faced lie:

The NKJV was translated from the same textual body as the KJT.

I assume that since this site specifies the 1611 they would reject the phrase 'of God' in 1 John 5v12. That would certainly rule out most editions of the KJT in common use today.

I do like this quote though.

#23 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so thankful that the link gave proof that the KJV is the only Bible:

Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

The King James Bible was the seventh English Bible, and it was translated in seven years. Do you think that’s just a coincidence? Think about that for a while!

If that doesnt convince you, nothing will....

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Uh, yeah :)

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

And the Beast of Revelation has seven heads- so he must use the KJV!

7. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Uhhh.......no.

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

There are a FEW groups of KJVO. I am not one of them that supported it.

9. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

wow! i thought i was just posting a link to a KJ site for the folks that prefer the KJ over the 'other' versions...

guess i was wrong.... good grief.

folks if you are not for the KJ Bible dont go to the site... shouldnt be so difficult. why all the hostility?

when any of you can say that you can prove David Cloud wrong when he has put thousands of hours of work into the researching of bible versions....

i will say, God never changes and neither does His Word... it does not need to be "updated" or changed.
    its perfect the way it is. i really am concerned about the folks that spend their time bringing down His Word for 'newer' versions. thats equivalent to this 'emerging church movement'... the 'new' Christianity....
    what a shame.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's not about those who prefer the KJV but those who say that the other versions that are good version are perversions or from Satan. THEN there's a problem.

Oh David Cloud is quite wrong. His hours of work have been matched by others who have come to a quite different conclusion. There's a ton of error in his research so ....

If the Bible doesn't need to be updated or changed, why is the KJV now totally different than the KJV 1611? Oh wait - it's updated and changed? RIGHT!!

You are so erroneous about the new versions that God will hold you accountable for disparaging His Word. You stand on very sandy, sinking ground. I pray that God will be able to get through the falsehoods that you have learned and see the truth.

11. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

IF i am wrong, than i pray that God does show me the truth about all of the Bible versions. i dont want to be in error about anything...

i do know this... i would rather 'side' with David Cloud's research than the egyptian, catholic, westcott and hort bible versions...

please inform me since i am so erroneous... which one of God's bibles versions is His perfect infallible perserved Word?

#31 brucebaptist, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
  12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Really? Totally different? Could you demonstrate a few examples?

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay, then why was it retranslated in 1611?

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The perfect, infallible, preserved Word of God is in the autographs. It's clearly been shown that there are errors in the KJV. The KJV does not even follow perfectly the manuscripts it is based on.

You'd rather side with a man than God? Interesting. What are David Cloud's qualifications? Is he a Hebrew/Greek scholar? Does he even know Hebrew and Greek? Has he studied textual criticism? By what university?

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

16. brucebaptist

brucebaptist New Member

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope - Just showing that the KJV has changed and updated. YIKES!!

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

So Bruce, is the 1611 version of the KJT right to leave out 'of God' in 1 John 5v12?

This website pins its flag to a tough mast to defend. While the 1611 is indeed virtually identical to the KJ versions used today, it is not exactly the same. I doubt that you yourself use the 1611 edition.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Agreed, but it is far from 'totally different.' It is unfair to use a change of typeset and changes in spelling to call it totally different.

Yes, there are a few real differences, but they are very few.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.