1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul - would you vote:

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Oct 14, 2007.

?
  1. We would have the best man for the job

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. We would have a very good choice

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. He is better that most Republicians

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. He is only a fair choice

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. I would only vote for him while holding my nose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I would vote Democrat

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. I would vote for a 3rd party candidate

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much has been said about Ron Paul on BB.

Radio host Glenn Beck has invited Ron Paul to be a guest on his daily show. According to Beck, Ron Paul has not accepted an invitation. And now Ron will not even return Beck's calls.
    If this is true (and I have no reason to doubt Beck) why does Ron Paul whine like a baby that he gets no national coverage. But then again maybe Beck doesn't have that big of an audience. Lets face it, its only Five Million listeners *per week.
    Glenn is a gracious host, yes he may ask the hard questions but he will not ambush you.

So Ron Paul supporters, why do you think he will not go on Glenn Beck

On another thread someone mentioned about a poll for Paul.

Well here is your chance

Salty

* reference Talkers magazine spring 2007

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

We do not need another psudeo-conservative.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul is the best man for the job because he is a libertarian, not a conservative(since today's conservatives tend toward foreign adventurism and are not strong supporters of personal liberty).

I would like to have some more substantial proof than Beck's word. There may be circumstances that he is not telling his listeners or that he is not aware of.

After all, Ron Paul has been willing to sit down and be interviewed by the second biggest pseudo-conservative(compared to what conservatism was 50-120 years ago) of all(next to Rush Limbaugh) - Sean Hannity.

#3 KenH, Oct 14, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I dont know exactly what a Ron Paul presidency would be like. Gold standard? Total isolationism? Powdered wigs and three cornered hats? Can some Ron Paul supporter explain to me what they expect to see after four years of Ron Paul?

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I like Ron Paul, but will not be voting for him.

He will never win for a reason that has nothing to do with his politics or ability. He lacks the charisma needed in an age where Presidents are eleted by how much of a "pretty boy" they are. Many of our great Presidents would not be electable today because of their looks. Seriously, can you imagine the tall, gangly Lincoln on state in a multi-candidate debate? Or maybe Taft?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without a change in the makeup of the U.S. Congress, a lot of things cannot be changed in this nation. Barring this, the main changes would be a reduction in foreign adventurism and a reduction of spying on innocent Americans.

7. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Well, you'd also see a dramatic change in the size of the government. To get rid of a department, all he'd have to do is not appoint anyone to fill the positions. He can fire any others that are cabinets under his discretion.

Veto the massive budget that would surely be passed by Congress each go around and that would surely save some money.

8. Bro. James Reed

btw,

I picked "We would have a very good choice".

I don't know if Dr. Paul is the best possible person for the job when you consider all the millions of people in this country who are technically elligible to be president, but he is certainly, imo, the best candidate in the race today.

I don't agree with Dr. Paul on every position he has taken, but I find him to be an attractive candidate for anyone who thinks the government is too big, our country is too involved in foreign affairs, and Americans are being taxed to death. If you agree, you ought to seriously consider Dr. Paul.

And, for the record, I don't know why he hasn't gone on Beck's show. I've never even heard his show, so I don't know what it's even about. I listened to Rush about 5 or 6 years ago only because the guy I rode with to UH listened to him. My conservative radio experiences have been limited. I did, however, enjoy Dan Patrick on occasion.

9. Bro. James Reed

So, Hillary's actually a boy. The cat's finally out of the bag.:laugh:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

btw, if anyone thinks Rudy Giuliani's a "pretty boy", they need some new glasses.