1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two Census Bureau managers fired for creating at least 10,000 bogus questionnaires

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by FR7 Baptist, Jun 26, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...sus_bigs_axed_for_fakin_it.html#ixzz0rzNkXT6G

This is not good. I read on a blog that apparently the managers decided to fake forms and some crew leaders and enumerators found out and contacted the Department of Commerce Inspector General's office who investigated and then took action. I can't imagine how these people thought they could get away with this. There's no way you can falsify TEN THOUSAND EQs and not have someone in Quality Control, NRFU Re-interview, or even Vacant/Delete Check or Field Verification notice, even without the whistleblowers. These idiots should be prosecuted as it is illegal to falsify information on an EQ. Another bad thing is this tarnishes the image of the Bureau, even though they were caught and the data will be gathered properly.

2. targus

targus New Member

According to Title 13, Chapter 7, Subtitle 2, anyone who willfully gives an answer that is false could be fined up to $500.

Shouldn't these clowns be prosecuted and not just simply fired?

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Yes, I believe they should.

4. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I think this might be something we all agree on.