1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shameful Policy Caused Many People's and Pets' Deaths

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 14, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I was thinking about this the other day as I watched coverage of New Orleans that indicated the animals left behind who haven't already been saved will probably die from toxins they drank in the aftermath of the storm.

I think if I were single, and didn't have responsibility to my human children, I might have been one of those who stayed behind and died rather than abandon a pet.

I view taking pets on as accepting responsibility. I don't think I could have left them alone to starve or die of thirst.

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

There would be NO way I would leave my dog behind to suffer. She would be so afraid and I would not be able to live knowing that I left her, afraid, and with no hope.

I saw some people that did take their pets on the basket ride to the helo. I don't understand their decision to pick and choose.

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

A sack of briquettes and some steak sauce might be prudent.
    Boiling water for 10 minutes or so and then drinking it may save your life.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Would the petrochemicals evaporate out? The filtering plus boiling might work...Um, what it the steak sauce for? Or were you thinking of having fried dog with your water?

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I think people need to lobby for laws that say properly crated animals are allowed in shelters.

7. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Would the petrochemicals evaporate out? The filtering plus boiling might work...Um, what it the steak sauce for? Or were you thinking of having fried dog with your water? </font>[/QUOTE]Could save ones life. Kinda hard on the dog though.

You're probably right about the filtering. Things aren't so simple today.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Bush's fault. When the people ignored the order to leave for one reason or another, Bush should have said, let Uncle Sam take your pet to safety.

9. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I'd sure re-think that statement. It's saying your life is worth no more than a pets.

10. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I have this agreement with my cat. He jumps up on my lap sometimes in the evening and likes to purr and be petted. I ask him if it's OK to eat him if things get really tough in the future, and he looks up in my eyes and purrs louder. I don't know about you, but I take that as a "Of course you may eat me, as I would be honored to provide sustenance for you." What a cat!!!