1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God know?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by idonthavetimeforthis, Jan 5, 2011.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Spiritual maturity does not hinge on who "gets" and who "doesn't get" Calvinism

I tell folks all the time that when one studies Calvinism---they are studying something that is a little bit less than infallable----study calvinism if thats what rocks your boat----but don't rock someone else's boat if they choose NOT to receive Calvin but HAVE received Jesus Christ as clear indication of obeying Scripture that calls for ALL men to be saved!!

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You would have to follow Robert and my exchanges over several threads to put my comments in proper context.

Many people do not get Calvinism because it is true that it requires a certain level of intellectual, spiritual and theological maturity.

For many others, that may have nothing at all to do with why they don't get it.

But Robert has displayed via excessive hyperbole, the hurling of accusations such a heresy, and remarks signifying his total lack of historical knowledge that he does not get it for the former reason rather than the latter.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Let me ask a question. If God knew how did he know? saying He is all knowing is not an answer.