1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fasting

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Priscilla Ann, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Good point.
    Maybe we should have a word/faith fast. :laugh:

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

So where does the Bible call him a false teacher?

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Are all fasting to be done in secret?

Maybe you need to read John Piper A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Prayer and Fasting.

You might find yourself calling him a false teacher too.

Please read Piper.

Does Scripture call him a false teacher? Is he false about the fundamentals of the Christian faith?

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

According to Jesus it is.

Can you show me differently?

I don't know what Piper teaches. I'm only talking about Jentezen Franklin.

Yes. He is of the Word/Faith heresy. Their teachings are unbiblical and thus false.

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

A group of leaders at the church at Antioch Syria fasted before the Holy Spirit chose Paul and Barnabas (Acts 13:1-3).

This was a group fasting. Each member of the group knew that the other one was fasting. There was NO SECRET there.

Surely they were not going against Jesus' command.

We see something similar in Acts 14:23.

I brought up Piper, a Baptist, because he teaches some of the same things that Franklin teaches on Fasting.

Why not read both guys and be better prepared to critique?

Show me where Scripture calls the Word/Faith heresy.

Thank you.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. But their fast was still a private matter among themselves and God done for a corporate purpose.

Piper is known for his solid, biblical teaching. Just because his teachings on fasting have some things in common with J.F, it doesn't make Piper a false teacher and it doesn't make J.F. a biblical teacher. You have to look at all of J.F's teachings to come to the conclusion that he is a false teacher. Just do a Google search.

Because it doesn't matter what Piper teaches when it comes to J.F. Look at J.F.'s teachings and the doctrines he holds. You are promoting J.F.'s book and that is why we are discussing him. If you want to start a thread on Piper's teachings that's fine.

Are you serious???????? Surely you are aware of the Word/Faith doctrines? Just do a search and you will see plenty. There's not enough bandwith to tell you all of their heretical teachings. If you still think their teachings are biblical, you need to stop calling yourself a Baptist.
    Sorry to be so blunt, but it's the truth.

Edit: TCG, here is a LINK to get you started on your study of Word/Faith heresies.

#26 Amy.G, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Fasting is a heart issue as God makes clear in Isaiah 58.

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

So it's not all SECRET?

We're talking about FASTING.

We're talking about FASTING.

I'm first and foremost a follower of Jesus Christ. And I'm a Baptist by denominational labeling.

But I'm a follower of Jesus Christ. That is what really matters to me, not whether I'm Baptist or Pentecostal.

All I'm asking you to do is to point out where Scripture specifically labels Word/Faith a heresy.

I'm interested in what Scripture calls heresy, not human gymnastics.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

We're also talking about a FALSE teacher, a WOF adherent, teaching about FASTING. We should IGNORE all false teachers. Get your teachings from someone biblical, like John Piper.

And if you claim to be a Baptist, surely you believe in the Baptist doctrines, which are at odds with WOF.

WOF is not Pentecostal. It is something else entirely.

See my thread on WOF heresies.

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Because some Baptist churches have the unbiblical church government of deacon board, means what?