1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What has happened to Baptist Mid-Missions

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by DUCKY73, Jan 31, 2007.

1. DUCKY73

DUCKY73 New Member

Are they playing God becuase they put a well seasoned missionary couple out of the mission for no adequate reason? He built a church in France from relatively dead to over 80. Wants to return return to France to start a new work and Vernon R. said they cannot go to start another work. This man Vernon has a head for missions but, not a heart.

2. Gramps

Gramps New Member

Mission boar

This makes a good case for local church sent missionaries

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Perhaps there is more to this story than we are seeing here. It would be wise to direct all question to the mission, rather than post one-sided gossip on a public board.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the missionaries are sent by the local church. Baptist Mid missions, is of sorts a clearing house. They assist in passports and other legal matters, as well as overall assistance.

Now, the question is WHY? What did this missionary do that was of concern to BMM?

I had been in Germany for three years. I attended a (English speaking) Baptist church. For a time the pastor was a missionary under a Stateside board ( one which emphasis the local church). When I returned to the States, I visited a church which happened to support this missionary. I sat down and had a talk with the pastor about this missionary. I talked for about a half hour. After that the pastor pulled out a folder and thanked me for confirming the info he had received. BTW, this pastor was also an officer of the mission board. My only concern was that I wanted the church to know what was happening to the finical support this missionary was receiving.
    So, before we judge BMM, maybe there was just cause for the action they took.

Salty

PS, that former pastor of mine ended up in a German jail!!

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Ducky,

this is exactly the reason why the Bible tells us to go to the one who has "offended" you, and to go to him ALONE. You've only got one side of whatever story this is....and probably only part of that one side. None of us here are a part of the problem and really cannot adequately answer your concerns. Before you judge Vernon R. to be a man without a heart for missions you should call him up and talk to him one on one. Otherwise, reserve your judgement for those cases which concern you.