AKA, Natural Immunity

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Natural immunity is like the immunity you have against a cold or the flu. It's not going to help you when the next strain comes along.

I'm prepared to be getting a flu vaccine and a Covid vaccine (perhaps they'll find a hybrid to make one shot) for the rest of my life. It's no big deal...despite the panicked people of anti-vax world acting like Chicken Little.

6. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Questions:

1 If it's no big deal, why the remainder of the statement?

2 Why such a description of the anti-vax folks, since many, maybe most, have a valid reason for refusal. Seems from this board a passel of pro-vaxers could be described the same way!

Why do so many of the vaxed love to play prosecutor-Judge-jury re: this topic?????:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes

7. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because it is the anti-covid-vaxers that live in terror. The vaccinated don't. They don't declare everybody unvaccinated will die in 5 years. But the anti-covid-vaxers allow their terror to manifest itself in fearmongering as they try to comfort themselves in their decisions.

This is why I said before the world just needs to ignore them and move on.

8. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very few have a valid reason. The majority are just anti-government, which is anti-christ.

9. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the source for this statement?

peace to you

10. just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I repeat; “Why do so many of the vaxed love to play prosecutor-Judge-jury re: this topic?????”

And since you are so dedicated to using scripture, check on what it says about judging, and pride.

11. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    be careful of engaging internet keyboard warriors. Its like wrestling with a pig. You both get muddy but they like it.

12. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ll give the chance to support the claim, but I get your meaning. I’m pretty worn out on this subject, but I can’t seem to help myself at times.

peace to you

13. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No help?

This is patently false. The antibodies (and there is a diversity of types of antibodies in one's immune response to a particular antigen) recognize the entire antigen.

It's our immunity to the common cold that makes most new strains a nothing-burger to otherwise healthy people. It's important to note that when an infection of one of the upward of 200 various antigens that cause the common cold gets into the throat or lungs, it's no longer called a cold, and that's why no one dies of a cold, but of a secondary complication like pneumonia. But the common cold still kills.

Thirty percent of common cold infections are caused by corona viruses, and it was found that memory T cells made in response to those CoVs has helped prevent covid infections in those who've had meaningful exposure to it.

In the rare instance of reinfection, one generally has an easier time fighting it off.

The vax only stimulates an immune response to a specific spike protein. So breakthrough cases are common. It also doesn't stimulate an antibody response in the mucous membranes, where covid actually enters. That's why the vaxxed still carry a viral load and spread infection.

14. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lead by example and ignore this board. :Thumbsup

15. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am leafing by example. I don't care who is vaccinated or who is not. I don't even think about viruses and vaccines until I get here....and this is just a hobby.

We lost about 80 employees because they were afraid of the vaccine. They have been replaced. No big deal. We just moved on and continued without them.

16. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure you do, or you wouldn't malign them.

17. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not meligning them. I don't even know most of them.

I am just saying we need to move on without them. They malign themselves.

18. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I’m wreaking havoc here :Wink, I have met many double-vaxxed who do live in abject terror. It is always quite strange to encounter. News of the Delta variant was especially unnerving to them.

However, some may be finally waking up to the fact that the Dem Progressive Left has been spreading a lot of disinformation during this pandemic, trying desperately to suppress valid voices, and fearmongering left and right, as well as spewing extreme hatred and demanding absolute submission.

19. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I’m reading it correctly, the OP article would suggest that boosters are contraindicated, as they are intended to prevent the very breakthrough infection that would lead to the “enhance[d] immune response” described therein.

If that is the case, then boosters may extend the pandemic at least two ways: 1) by making the vaccine less available to the poorer countries that want it, and 2) by preventing the “super-immunity” described in the article.

20. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the subject has been broached here…

Regardless of whatever proves most effective against COVID-19, regarding the manmade vaccine rather than natural immunity as from God is about as humanistic as it gets.

And accusing those promoting natural immunity of relying on godless evolutionary theory is about as confused as one can be.

Natural immunity relies on microevolution, which everyone acknowledges is operative in the natural world, and by God, the natural world was created by God.