Am I in sin?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Apr 25, 2013.

1. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"And the Nicolaitans used their "savedness" as liberty to sin."

Your own words condemn you.

2. Zaac Well-Known Member

Must have condemned you too.

3. salzer mtn Well-Known Member

People in the bible times drank wine, whether it was fermented wine i don't know. It don't interest me enough to care. Beer has a percentage of alcohol in it. Alcohol is addictive. Most people start out with a beer, over a period of time they crave something a little more potent. Before you know it they have graduated into the hard liquor which has more alcohol in it than beer. What they once could handle now handles them. Add the liquor with problems of life and before long a drunk is created. The moonshine that mountaineers used to make was sometimes a hundred proof and above. It made men as mean as rattlesnakes. If you tried to convince one of these old timers that you could be a Christian and drink white lightning they would laugh at you and think you were plum crazy.

4. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: The reply I would expect from my 7 year old son.

5. Born Again Member

:thumbs: Amen!

6. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Didn't happen with me. For each alcoholic, there are hundreds, maybe thousands your scenario doesn't apply to.

Food is addictive. Sex is addictive. Sports is addictive. Games are addictive. The internet is addictive...yet you never hear these things in themselves be referred to as sinful.

7. Mexdeaf New Member

While this is true, alcohol has the potential to do much more damage than any of those other things, which is why I think it is much wiser to abstain from its use except for medicinal or cooking purposes.

8. Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...Am I correct to say, we all agree that Nehemiah handed the king his wine?

Which doesn't negate the point I was making in any way?

9. Zaac Well-Known Member

He must have typed your previous reply too.:laugh:

10. salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Just wait till you get older and start facing some things you don't have any control over, if you drink it will become easy to drown your troubles in the bottle. I come from a family of twenty uncles and aunts and thirty eight first cousins. The ones that were not christains ended up exactly like i have described.

11. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i did that at my brothers wedding!

NOT due to me having the Spirit of Elijah come upon me to preach as John did "repent!", but kept doing it to underaged kids trying to sneak one!

brother was 189, I just turned 21, so was legal for me, not them!

13. Born Again Member

For once, I can't disagree with you! On second thought, you should've used "[DELETED]". :laugh:

14. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on Salzer, where does that horse manure your spreading come from anyway? I'm 56 YO & Ive been drinking my whole life.....dad gave me hot toddies (mostly whisky) for colds, cups of beer from his bottle, by 14 & 15 I was drinking beer after cutting grass or some kind of work. today I enjoy an occasional beer, but mostly bottled water or coffee is my preference. I really like some micro brew's but only as a treat & always with a meal, so this picture you paint of the degenerate alcoholic is just that , a fictitious picture without any basis of reality.

15. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You want to rail against something, rail against Heroin. H has become the drug of choice on the street (at least in my state) & that stuff kills. Addicts will beat there mothers to death just for another fix of this crap. Liquor is a walk in the park on a sunny spring day compared to H & thats rampant.

16. Mexdeaf New Member

Who's "railing"?

17. Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your brother was 189?!?

:laugh: just messin' with ya

18. Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't drink. I don't condone it. I don't promote it. I believe it can be a stumbling block to others.

But I don't see outright condemnation of it.

I don't drink. But I know Christians that have made me consider it....

19. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Regarding Mike's Hard Lemonade - remember it says "hard". ;) I was at our barn one time and the owner brought over some beverages on a hot day including Mike's. I just had water but my friend had the lemonade - thinking it was regular lemonade. After she was done with it, she said she felt "buzzed" and maybe it was the heat. I told her it was the lemonade and she didn't believe me until I showed her the bottle and that it was alcohol. So yes, you can get drunk on Mike's. :)

As for alcohol, I used to drink it because it was tasty. Same reason I drink iced tea or a Coke. There are times I'd love to have a yummy margharita or a glass of wine but because of our decision not to drink for ministry's sake, I don't. I will still make a Seabreeze but without the vodka and it's still yummy. :)

20. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should leave your wife out of this.....LOL / Just kidding ! :laugh: