Ben Sasse, the most honest and Godward politician

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by AustinC, Feb 5, 2021.

1. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Knock it off. Trump has done everything he could for Evangelicals. Melania is a Catholic.

75 million people voted for Trump. If he runs again, he probably will not lose the primaries to Sasse.

At this time, I myself do not intend to vote for any NeverTrumper.

2. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because he said he had nothing to repent of.

Also, he has been awful with his tweets (the BB would have banned him) and never repents.

3. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has done everything for himself and since evangelicals helped vote him in, he fed them what they wanted.
    Roman Catholicism is less evangelical than Lutheran.
    If Trump runs again, the Democrats will sweep everything, just as they did this past election season (and no, Trump didn't win...he lost fair and square).
    Moreso, as a Christian, it seems wise that a person vote for an actual Christian rather than a person who has shown zero Christian character and who mocks evangelicals behind their backs.

4. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sasse made a false accusation against Trump so let’s see how the Senator does in the Republican primaries in 2024 unless he changes parties before then.

5. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wasn't false. Trump tried to illegally take the Presidency and go against the Constitution. Trump lost every legal effort he tried, even when submitted to judges he appointed.
    If the Republican Party keeps following Trump, they will be useless as a political party and young people will be herded toward a godless political party in the Democrats. Any Godward person who loves God over country would refuse to vote for Trump as long as he is unrepentant and refuses to admit he lost the election fairly.
    Unfortunately, it seems many US Christians love their politics over their Creator. That is a very sad thing to observe.

6. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he won't call out the lies and sedition of the Dems, then he's one of them. Book schmook.

7. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is totally a bunch of hogwash. There was fraud - but not enough to change results - but Trump was trying to get to the bottom of it. One thing - for sure - he is not a quitter! Libs were trying to make us believe that it would take the Secret Service to bodily move Trump from the White House. - Oh - so what did Trump illegally do???

Lets see - Clinton and Carter - were Southern Baptists and claimed to be born again....... You were saying....

8. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that Christians lambasting Ben Sasse, who is truly a Christian, while unabashedly fawning over a man who secretly mocks them and claims he has no need to repent, are a bunch of hypocrites and the unsaved world easily recognizes it.
    If Christians keep supporting Trump, they will further marginalize themselves and bring on their own demise in a post-Christian America.

9. SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Please prove this assertion.

10. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not have access to Donald Trump. However, Ben Sasse has had access and Sasse stated that Trump secretly mocks evangelicals.

Trump 'kisses dictators' butts' and 'mocks evangelicals,' Sasse says in call with constituents

11. SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  12. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of like you who are heavily involved in all this political threads hypocritically.

13. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I trust what Ben Sasse says above what Donald Trump says. You could claim hearsay regarding Donald Trump, over and over again.
    Why do you fully trust a man who has openly lied his whole life, yet you reject the words of a man who is very much Godward?

14. SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

15. SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Hearsay is not proof.
    Just like no human can really prove I am a Christian.
    Would you doubt me right now if I say, that even in spite of worldly "evidence" against, that I am a born again Christian?
    Thanks be to Jesus Christ who justifies the ungodly, and that Christ died for the ungodly. Romans 4:5, Romans 5:6
    Have you a statement from your Champion, Mr. Sasse, that he can unequivocally state Donald Trump is not a Christian?
    You trust a politician as much as you trust Christ?

16. SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sasse voted to acquit President Trump.

"If Sasse is honest enough to make this harsh evaluation of Trump on all those grounds, he surely must have recognized that Trump committed impeachable acts in trying to extort our ally Ukraine in a hot war with Russia to concoct dirt on his opponent, former vice president Joe Biden. Nevertheless, Sasse voted with every other Republican, save Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah), to acquit Trump. As House impeachment manager and Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) put it, “If you find that the House has proved its case, and still vote to acquit, your name will be tied to his with a cord of steel and for all of history.” And so it will be for Sasse."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/10/16/sad-case-ben-sasse/

17. SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Donald Trump has done even more than Ben Sasse to fight abortion.
    He did not stop at trying to help those who remained alive after failed abortions
    but tried to reduce and ultimately stop these murders.
    He can mock all he likes if he stopped murder.
    Why are you so bent against that?

Donald Trump achievements: Abortion - Conservapedia

18. SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  19. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some 'evangelists' I have no respect for, they are obviously false teachers.
    One says God lives on a planet
    And says Jesus suffered torments by demons in Hell after His crucifixion
    Also seen him flicking his tongue like a serpent in videos.
    And they love to give out prophesies they claim from God that never come true, then blame failures on the person or circumstances.

20. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ben Sasse is a true conservative. He would therefore vote yes for every conservative bill and no for every liberal bill. He is a true Constitutionalist, above party panderer. I respect his stand.

Donald Trump is only concerned with what is best for Donald Trump. Look at how he bullies people and fires anyone who dares question him.

It is shocking to me to see Christians flock to and support such an unrepentant sinner, while hating a Senator who truly walks with God.

We all will give account for our choices and actions and words. May God have mercy on us all.