Catholics Continue

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Oh! OK!

The Anabaptists denied that a person is saved by faith alone.[2]

The Montanists taught that “God, not being able to save the world by Moses and the Prophets, took flesh of the Virgin Mary, and in Christ, His Son, preached and died for us. And because He could not accomplish the salvation of the world by this second method, the Holy Spirit descended upon Montanus, Prisca, and Maximilla, giving them the plenitude which St. Paul had not (1 Corinthians 13:9). [1]

The Novatians refused readmission to communion of baptized Christians who had denied their faith. [3]

“For proponents [of Baptist Successionism], writes Fr. Dwight Longenecker, “the fact that there is no historical proof for their theory simply shows how good the Catholic Church was at persecution and cover-up. Baptist Successionism can never be disproved because all that is required for their succession to be transmitted was a small group of faithful people somewhere at some time who kept the flame of the true faith alive. The authors of this “history” skim happily over the heretical beliefs of their supposed forefathers in the faith. It is sufficient that all these groups were opposed to, and persecuted by, the Catholics.”

2. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EWF: Please! Do tell us WHICH Baptist church you finally found that shapes up to YOUR standards. I do recall threads in the 'Baptist Only' forums of your frustration that you would have to drive HUNDREDS of miles to find a proper one. Please don't blow the question off by answering that ANY protestant sect (yes, Baptists are indeed Prots) would be better than those evil Cat'licks. I remember you getting all excited about finding a WELS congregation (Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod) that you thought might fit the bill until you discovered they didn't have the same interpretation of the 'biblical' meaning of 'Born Again' that other 1600 Prots had finally discovered. Oh, and then there was the idea of having your own 'bible-believing sect' meet in a bar. What happened to that?? Keep looking, buddy! Some sect somewhere believes and practices Christianity as you think they should!

3. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nonsense, the true church of Jesus Christ was established before the religious institutions of men bearing the name "Christian" came into being and has been somewhere in the world since that time. The true church was in existence long before the Protestant Reformation, so it cannot really be called a Protestant Church.

Thank you Jesus.

4. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now here is what I could do though.... infiltrate back into the Roman Catholic Church and begin my own reformed movement. My agenda in that endeavor would be “truth” not Catholic religious dogma. And believe me, I could do that. That way I could kill two birds with one stone. That way I could kill your beloved institution much quicker than your myriad hypocrites could ever dream. Fortunately God is already doing that, at least here in NW NJ. The young people are leaving in droves. If they haven’t been deterred by the disgust of your dogma, they look for something better. Evidence all these new non-connected Christian churches popping up.

Frankly I could always find the Irish Catholics in pubs and in AA meetings. The Eastern Europeans who are here are now congregating at the non-denomination churches in the area, and the Germans basically just leave and don’t return to anything organized. So you see, I’ve done my homework regarding my area (town, county, State). And the only real presence in the RCC around here are people in they are in their 70’s to 80’s who represent the body of the church and their Covids primary targets (379 died in NJ yesterday). Hmmm the old dropping dead and the young wanting nothing to do with the CC. Perhaps that’s my calling, one I could totally enjoy making my life’s work... save the laity with truth!

5. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to get into this -- but so I wont hijack - I have started a new thread Click here

6. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Historical proof, please! Oh, let me guess! The book ofActs? Let's roll down from there a few hundred years just for giggles.

7. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and the proof for RCC in 33 AD?
    I know what Matthew & Acts says

So why doesnt the Bible say Upon this rock I will build the Roman Catholic Church?
    NOT once in the NT does the Bible talk about the RCC! - only local independent churches.

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He denies it as held by Reformers, so he is wrong!

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There cannot be any official RCC until papacy was establisged, much later in church history!
    The Rise of the Papacy by David Wells

10. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The local churches of that day were not independent. I recall a certain man named Paul writing to the church in Corinth telling them where they were messing up and that they had better get with the correct program. This proves that there was a central authority even back then and that truth cannot be denied.

11. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because the term "Roman Catholic" was introduced centuries later as a pejorative by the renegades from orthodox Christianity.

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was no papacy then, and the OT scriptures and doctrines and teaching of Apostles were being taught in each local assembly by authorized Elder/Pastor! Oretty much same as we Baptists do now!

13. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I won't say you are us, but let me compare what you 'claim' is Catholic Church attendance in NJ to our bursting at the seams Catholic Church in Roseburg, Oregon. The majority of the attendees are in their 20's, 30's and 40's. And, before Salty jumps in with his usual 'yeah, look at all the 'illegals' flooding your state. What would you expect?' Roseburg, is 98% caucasian. Look it up! Roseburg has built a new Catholic Church and needs another one to accommodate those converting.

Now, let's look at the local Baptist churches preaching their cheap gospel. Over 80% empty and several contemplating closing or joining other Baptist churches 'if they can just come to some agreement on doctrine'! I'm very in tune with the pulse of the churches in this area. Most mainline churches are even in worse shape. The Presbies will soon close, the UMC will soon split and might not survive over the 'gay' things. The ELCA church is losing members FAST over the 'gay thingy', The UCC church is ready to close (gay thingy again), Well Spring Baptist Church (Baptist) is splitting over doctrine. They got some LGBTQXYZ issues of their own, and, on and on it goes. So, The Catholic Church is reaping many new members and will formally welcome them in when the 'plague' is over. Seems like here, the Old Baptists are the ones dropping dead and the young want nothing to do with your dying churches.

The Catholic Church is growing and growing throughout the world. Those are the STATS. If the Catholic Church is dying, why do the statistics show that it is the fastest growing church in the world??? Prove me wrong!

14. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why doesn't the bible say 'Upon this rock I will build my One Holy Baptist and Apostolic Church??? lol You are being ridiculous!

15. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Now let's see just how many different Baptists associations (don't kid yourself, they are denons or they would not be saying that the Holy Spirit led each one of them into a 'New Truth':

God to LOVE the Primitive Baptist Universalists! They take your 'fighting fundy' doctrine and stand it on it's head!!! lol

16. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    one-fifth of the total U.S. adult population, according to Pew Research Center’s 2014 Religious Landscape Study.
    That study found that the share of Americans who are Catholic declined from 24% in 2007 to 21% in 2014.

13% of all U.S. adults are former Catholics –
    2% of U.S. adults are converts to Catholicism

there are 6.5 former Catholics in the U.S. for every convert to the faith.

Many U.S. Catholics say they want to see the church make significant changes

1) allow priests to marry
    2) half of say the church RCC should recognize the marriages of hom0sexuals.

click this link for the full report

17. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because none of those were the original churches

18. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only joke is your affinity for the CC.

19. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, well, Michael Voris gave me that info so he was incorrect. Now I can watch a homosexual predator conduct a Good Friday service--er, no thanks. I wonder if they put it back up just to make Voris look bad for saying that they had taken it down? That Rossi is no good.

20. Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Next time do your homework before you post Fake News.