CESSATIONISM AND HEALING

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Steven_15, Apr 28, 2020.

1. rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And even more testimonies....

2. rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The restoration mentality....

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
    2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
    3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
    4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
    5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.- Psalms 103

Thanking God that he still has the A double L!

3. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

[/QUOTE]

Is there a particular "healer" being discussed on these testimonies? A particular person that brings about healing wherever he/she goes?

I pray for and believe in miracles. The issue here is not healing per se, but gifted faith healers. Is there a particular healer you would endorse?

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a particular "healer" being discussed on these testimonies? A particular person that brings about healing wherever he/she goes?

I pray for and believe in miracles. The issue here is not healing per se, but gifted faith healers. Is there a particular healer you would endorse?[/QUOTE]
    I have yet to see any word of faith so called healer miracle worker do one legit one!

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have yet to see any word of faith so called healer miracle worker do one legit one![/QUOTE]
    The only "miracle" has been the WoF teachers fleecing many out of their money!

6. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only "miracle" has been the WoF teachers fleecing many out of their money![/QUOTE]

By teaching the heresy that christians cannot be healed by faith in Christ's atonement, you are sending christians to these gifted healers. Don't work as an agent for commission by preaching heresies and indirectly sending christians to those gifted healers!

7. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God heals unbelievers (unsaved) also. The only difference between them and christians is faith in Christ's atonement. But if christians also are found to receive healing without faith, God is not pleased!

What is the use of healing without pleasing God?

8. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You're moving the goalposts. No one says Christ cannot heal.

9. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be a false teacher using terms like "sovereignty" because without faith in Christ's atonement for healing, all your talk of sovereignty is empty!

10. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are moving the goal posts from "healing by faith" to "healing". Why are you opposing faith which pleases God?

11. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has already decided in eternity. He doesn't decide now. Now it is a matter of faith.

12. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to His eternal plan, He has not given you the faith to be healed. But do not go around destroying the faith of others.

13. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Healing does not come only through sign gifts but through faith in Christ's atonement as well. Any christian who seeks healing apart from faith in Christ's healing commits apostasy in that area!

14. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is one in this thread who suffers from the sickness called hagin-phobia!
    Because hagin taught "faith in Christ's atonement for healing" and also exhibits "sign gifts", this person has concluded that both "faith for healing" & "sign gifts" are the same. Thence he goes around frantically disproving faith for healing! Funny guy.

15. rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was brought up Baptist and they discipled me not only to pray in Jesus name but in Jesus Precious name. My old pastor is still at that Baptist church and I listened to his drive in service where he ended his prayer in Jesus Precious and Worthy name, amen!I would say a formula for healing....

Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.- James 5:14-15

Praying over such sick in Jesus precious name. Also noting.. ,

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. - 2 Timothy 2:19

If you are not willing to pray for folk as scripture outlines how do you know if God will heal them or not?

16. rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My pastor would take the time to pray for people between congregational songs. And I have heard many tearfully testify, "The Lord has healed my body time and time again!" Noting all glory and credit went to the Lord Jesus Christ and not some man!

1. Very disciplined guy - Up at 6AM every morning
    2. Rejoiced in what he called being a Pentecostal Holiness country preacher
    3. Revivals - At least one every two months - All with unique and good evangelists
    4. Would let the Holy Spirit have his way in service
    5. Take time to pray for the sick at church and in the hospitals. Carried a bottle of anointing oil with him
    6. Was a friendly guy and would come visit you
    7. Loved God and very Christlike.
    8. A great, loving, and supportive family man as well
    9. No allegations against the guy the 30 years he was with us

Our former pastor retired and the church board thought replacing him would be easy. We have not found a man of faith and now nobody goes to the front to be prayed for as in times past. I guess we have turned out, due to the lukewarmness of the times, to be cessantionalist as well! Yikes! God help us!

17. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The prayer of elders for the christians refers to new converts. It is not an excuse for the christians to not believe by faith in Christ's atonement for healing.
    Local churches have to teach faith & evangelism for God to use them to proclaim the gospel or else God will send persecution. Read Acts8:1-4.

18. rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do any do that?

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By teaching the heresy that christians cannot be healed by faith in Christ's atonement, you are sending christians to these gifted healers. Don't work as an agent for commission by preaching heresies and indirectly sending christians to those gifted healers![/QUOTE]
    None of them are gifted by God to heal, as they all hold to teachings of demons, not the scriptures!

20. Steven_15 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too many christians depend on elders (local churches) and gifted healers for healing. And the local churches and gifted healers get a good flow of money from those christians.