Doers/Fulfillers Of The Law

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by kyredneck, Jul 3, 2021.

1. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every man on earth sins. there is no perfect keeper of the Law. This must the reason no one is justified by the Law
    MB

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

3. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought it adequate.

In your mind, sure. I didn't expect you'd be satisfied with it, it's far too simple an answer for you and many other 'theologians' on this board.

For one thing we are not under the letter of the law:

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under law, but under grace. Ro 6

Another, God equips His children with agape to be 'doers of the law', in the spirit and not in the letter:

5 and hope putteth not to shame; because the love of God hath been shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Spirit which was given unto us. Ro 5

And agape is powerful stuff:

8 above all things being fervent in your love among yourselves; for love covereth a multitude of sins: 1 Pet 4

8 Owe no man anything, save to love one another: for he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.
    9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not covet, and if there be any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
    10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: love therefore is the fulfilment of the law. Ro 13

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you fulfilled it by the standard of Jesus, where every thought and deed were always confirming to the Law?

5. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. "All things therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, even so do ye also unto them: for this is the law and the prophets."

" Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: love therefore is the fulfilment of the law"

"I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I of myself with the mind, indeed, serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None have ever kept the law as God demands, save for Lord Jesus

7. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    k.

Don't know why you keep harping on that, it's pretty much common knowledge and I've never said otherwise.

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless one can keep the law as Jesus did, none will be justified by doing it!

9. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got scripture that spells that out?

I've got scripture that says 'the doers of the law (those with the law written in their hearts) shall be justified'.

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know that scriptures do not contradict each other, as God VERY clear that NONE save Jesus can kept the law in order to be justified that way!

11. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe I mentioned that in the OP.

You're a little incoherent there, you have scripture that spells that out? Perhaps I can understand scripture even if I don't understand you.

I've got scripture that says 'the doers of the law (those with the law written in their hearts) shall be justified'. It doesn't say these justified doers of the law must keep the law ln the same manner as Jesus.

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus qualified that to keep the law, must be perfect in thoughts/words and in deeds, are you there yet?

13. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are being very deceitful with your yammering, no where have I stated I'm perfect or that one can keep the law. You have absolutely no say so about who is justified to stand in the judgement, 'it is God that justifies' Ro 8:33. If by writing His law on their hearts qualifies/enables them as 'doers of the law', deal with it, and stop the yammering. It is God that justifies.

14. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even the Rabbinism of Christ's day had condensed the law to it's simplest terms:

“…Rabbinism is never weary of quoting as one of the characteristic sayings of its greatest teacher, Hillel (who, of course, lived before this time), that he had summed up the Law, in briefest compass, in these words:What is hateful to thee, that do not to another. This is the whole Law; the rest is only its explanation…..” Life & Times - Edersheim

12 All things therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, even so do ye also unto them: for this is the law and the prophets. Mt 7

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY way to get declared righteous by Holy God is to be found in Christ, placed into Him by faith!

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None have even been saved apart from Grace alone received thru faith alone!

17. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture please!

18. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whose faith?

19. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in scripture do I find all these 'alones' you robots like to tack on. Evidently you don't know the meaning of 'alone'.

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What can we do at all to add to the finished atoning work of the Lord Jesus on the Cross?