Every Believer Must Do Good Works and Proclaim the Gospel, Some Are Called to Teach

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by christiang, Nov 11, 2017.

1. christiang Member

Faith:
    Jewish
    Yes it is,

If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the LORD against you, and you be guilty of sin. (Deuteronomy 15:7-9 [ESV])

You are so far off from the truth that you do not even realize that not giving to your neighbor who is starving is sin. You are a modern day Pharisee, who has an appearance of godliness, but with no love, no mercy, for others,

But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and behold, all things are clean to you. But woe to you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint, and rue, and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the others undone. (Luke 11:41-42 [WBT])

We will see how well it turns out for you in the day of judgment when you claim to have so much love, but no actions,

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the aeonial* fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to aeonial* punishment, but the righteous to aeonial* life.” (Matthew 25:41-46 [MODIFIED-NIV])*

Interlinear Links: *αἰώνιον (aeonial), Matthew 25:41, Matthew 25:46

I know if I stand in judgment against any believer who refused to give to the poor I will have him thrown into aeonial fire, as he righteously deserves,

Or do you not know that the Lord's people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? (1 Corinthians 6:2 [NIV])

I have nothing further to say to you. I have warned you several times.

2. christiang Member

Faith:
    Jewish
    As opposed to "loving" by not giving to someone who is starving? Do you people even realize your own nonsense? As if the person that simply drives past the man holding up an "I am hungry" sign showed more love for the one that had compassion and stopped and give him something for food. You are despicable, and I am bothered you are a moderator of this forum, in a position of leadership, saying such things. You should be thrown outside on the street so you can feel how it feels to go hungry, maybe then you will have more compassion on the hungry and homeless. Still after quoting you so many scriptures you still refuse to come to understanding. Truly God blinds the eyes of those he has rejected,

so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'" (Mark 4:12 [NIV])

3. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is it loving if you have only $5 in your wallet to feed your family for the week and you give it to that man?

4. christiang Member

Faith:
    Jewish
    Even the Macedonians who were impoverished found ways to give,

And now, brothers and sisters, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the Lord's people. (2 Corinthians 8:1-4 [NIV])

You really are a despicable believer, one who denies giving unto others, to those who are on the street hungry. I gave you an example of someone who is starving, whose ribcage you could see, and you said that it is not sin to not give to that person. Absolutely despicable. I showed a couple people this conversation and they were equally as appalled by your responses.

5. annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting. I am in a dialogue with you and you have decided I am despicable? Because I am questioning that you must give the $5 to a homeless person in order to be saved? I'm not saying that it is a good thing not to give it to him but showing you the fallacy of your belief. You say that I must do this to be saved. I say I don't. You said that God has predestined us to salvation - but then you say that we can thwart God's divine choice. I'm sorry but that is not about a homeless person but instead about just how powerful man is. My theology has a God who is much more powerful than anything I could do. That is not despicable but Biblical.

And once again, you don't know what I do for those in need so we are not talking in what I actually do, OK?

6. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Look at those rocks Jesus......you are hungry......make them bread! Says the DEVIL.