False interpretation of scripture.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OfLivingWaters, Feb 21, 2018.

?
  1. Because they choose not to pray for the Holy Spirit's guidance.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. They want scripture to support their own narrative.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have read some post, and today came upon a post concerning" Original Sin". First and foremost, scripture does NOT contradict itself. For a house divided can not stand.
    This is the post:
    Response to : 'Is Original sin man made or scripture based?
    I believe it is a manmade solution of the evidence of sin, We know the desire to sin in inate. We know Adam did sin in the flesh first so we agree it was Adam's fault in that he did it first. We had several man made inaccurate solutions. We are sinners.

I believe Exe 18:20 says no inherited sin, each is responsible for our own sin. So It is manmade, a contrqdiction

Eze 18:20

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him

The opinion comes from this verse:
    Rom 5:12

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

but we should keep in mind Satan , a sinner, was already here to tempt Adam.

#2 loDebar, Saturday at 11:26 AM

It is not a wise practice to take snip-its of scripture to fit your narrative.
    Ezekiel 18:19-20
    19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live. 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

MEANING: A son who chooses to walk in righteousness will not suffer the punishment of a father who does not. This has nothing to do with the stain of 'Original Sin". Obviously all suffer from original sin because death has entered the world through it. This Ezekiel scripture speaks to personal choices to sin, not inherit. Ezekiel does NOT contradict St.Paul nor does St. Paul contradict Ezekiel. The false interpretation by some creates
    false narratives which can appear to discredit doctrinal truths. It is accounted to us as righteousness to not (through personal choice) sin. Inherit flaws are only removed by grace, and this through the Messiah. All have sinned. One who sins unto death suffers the punishment , as the father will and is stated by Ezekiel. But it is not Righteous for a son who chooses to walk in righteousness to suffer the same fate as his father who did not.

2. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam's sin was into the physical world, it was already in the spiritual world. We go not sin because of Adam, We sin for the same reason as Adam

Since "original sin" or inherited sin is not scriptural , there is no contradiction, We just need to understand the meaning of words, and believe them not try and explain to our understanding

3. OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    Original sin is doctrinal. Interpret however you want. St. Paul states that it is. Adam is the original father of all, death by sin entered
    AND IS PASSED UPON ALL MEN. The curse of ORIGINAL SIN. Hello!
    For that all have sinned. MEANING: For the act which Adam committed all have sin passed onto them, it is unavoidable. Because of Adam's act, FOR THAT, all have sinned:

4. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

no, this is physical world, Sin was already in the spiritual world

We are not punished for the sins of others, There is no contradiction just misunderstanding of events

5. OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WOW! You missed the whole point. Scripture does not LIE or CONTRADICT ITSELF.
    THIS POST though you used scripture , you contradict Paul and miss the point of what Ezekiel said, using only one sentence to try to support your claim. Then say the opinion comes from Paul's verse. So, which is it? Is Paul's opinion false or true? Have you interpreted Ezekiel correctly? Are you implying the scriptures contradict each other? I say you misinterpret and contradict scripture.
    I believe it is a manmade solution of the evidence of sin, We know the desire to sin in inate. We know Adam did sin in the flesh first so we agree it was Adam's fault in that he did it first. We had several man made inaccurate solutions. We are sinners.

I believe Exe 18:20 says no inherited sin, each is responsible for our own sin. So It is manmade, a contrqdiction

Eze 18:20

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him

The opinion comes from this verse:

but we should keep in mind Satan , a sinner, was already here to tempt Adam.

#2 loDebar, Saturday at 11:26 AM

6. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe there are severasl reasons. Sometimes people grow up having things explained one way and they simply can't see it any other way (they can't move beyond their presuppositions). Other times it seems to me that people choose a theological system or group to follow. And there is tradition.

7. OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This response could be an on the fence one. You are not exactly making a clear stance. Are you saying I have presuppositions or
    loDebar does? He is Baptist like you, that is why I ask. I assume that there is one doctrinal foundation amongst Baptist that is common to all of this denomination. I am nondenominational. I learn of all the denominations and through scripture comb through all their doctrine , dogmas and interpretations and compare their "doctrinal fathers" to the only doctrinal fathers in my opinion, the 24 Elders ,and all the scriptures. If I can find, scripture supports their claims, I accept it as Word. If not I discard.I believe their are True lovers of Christ in all denominations, God is the only one who judges hearts. When a true follower hears TRUTH, no matter what denomination they are from- they apply it. "For I know mine and mine know Me", Christ said. So denominations are Not an obstacle for me. I do not believe Christianity is a denomination, but rather a state of being and an experience throughout time.
    "Where two or more gather in My name there too am I in the midst of them" Christ said. I completely reject however, any so called Christian sect which denies the Holy Trinity, which is scriptural Dogma. I see them as cults. The rest , I see as the dragon always standing before the faith to devour , divide and obscure truth . I do believe some denominations hold more truth than others though.
    The world will end, time is temporal but Christ's Words will never die. I believe those who preserve all truth of scriptural doctrine are His words and they are as eternal as the Lord whom puts His name upon their hearts and minds. I do not believe His people are called Catholic, Orthodox or Protestant ex..., simply Christian. The doctrine of Christ is universal in the sense that all must believe in order to be saved, and the Word is the orthodoxy that all must live by to be eternal, and we all must only protest against satan and all his heresies. I am simply Christian.

8. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was simply addressing the OP (not the conversations that followed). But to answer your question, we all have presuppositions. It's what we do with them that matters.