1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Jun 20, 2019.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell it to someone who is not a staunch proponent of the Sherman doctrine of total warfare. I bet you didn't like God commanding to scotch earth and kill babies?

#42 Reynolds, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  3. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Misinterpreting scripture for sure I am sure you do not understand the OT or God's plan. Moving forward, the promised Messiah came
    Isaiah 9:4-6
    Unto Us a Child is Born
    …4For as in the day of Midian You have shattered the yoke of their burden, the bar across their shoulders, and the rod of their oppressor. 5For every trampling boot of battle and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. 6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.…

Do you know what this means? It means if you are a soldier of God , you are no longer a soldier for the world governments. Your weapons as Paul says, are not carnal but are spiritual and bring down strongholds. Our weapons are of the Holy Spirit. If not for the few heaven would have none. If your commandments are those of the Sherman doctrine , then you are not abiding in God's. I do not recall the apostles using a carnal war doctrine to bring about God's kingdom.

And let me be clear, there is a time for war, but that war is not waged by the saints through a carnal means. But concerning the affairs of the kingdoms of men, sometimes men are provoked by other men. In that case Christ has addressed that: " as long as this world STANDS(meaning as it is) there will always be scandal, but WOE TO him THROUGH WHOM SCANDAL COMES".

It is clear the WOE is upon he who instigates the evil. Concerning what is going on in the Middle east, the instigators are the globalist who own all our banking systems and now most of the worlds oil. Those not on board with their agenda are cut off from trade= buying or selling( this will also trickle down to the everyday man), then war is waged and everything is taken by force and a puppet king is put in place. First the smoke screen. The history of conflicting news and details of the how, until all the lines are blurred and no one has the story straight. Nothing but great delusion,for those not aligned with the Christ's kingdom which is the only one that shall be without end.

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you think I am the one who doesn't understand Scripture.

5. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ABSOLUTELY!

6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be you who misunderstands.

7. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not at all. Somethings are elementary, but carnal men think they can design Christ's teachings to serve themselves.
    Isaiah 9:4-6
    Unto Us a Child is Born
    …4For as in the day of Midian You have shattered the yoke of their burden, the bar across their shoulders, and the rod of their oppressor. 5(For every trampling boot of battle and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire.) 6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.…
    NOT COMPLICATED TO UNDERSTAND. Simply.....people just do not like God's ways, they are too difficult. Not impossible, just challenging to the flesh of man.

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it's not complicated to understand, hopefully you can figure it out.

9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dog eat dog. Many /most Trump haters tell us America is NOT a Christian nation, so again its dog eat dog.

better to pray for them than hate them. Yes, I have and do pray for them..

He was not told there would be human casualties until just before the launch.

asterisk you seem to be bitter are things OK?

11. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not bitter, Hank. Just honest. I am just sad that so many Americans have lost the ability to think straight. Or that Christians - of all people - glibly speak of nuking nations.

Also that you guys are always apologizing for Trump. "He was not told there would be casualties"? Really? Are you offering this for a defense? Either way, then, the president comes off as either naive or extremely unqualified for the job .

And yes we do pray for him. And that we may live peaceable lives.

I have spent between a quarter and a third of my life living in foreign countries. Maybe that accounts for my (I would say) more realistic view of America. I actually hear - and have to answer - criticisms on our country. And some of the criticism is well deserved.

12. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is just this easy, FIRST FRUITS are those few that God the Father takes for Himself. They serve Him only and bring people to Christ. FIRST FRUITS are those who will be of the FIRST RESURRECTION, not the second. The First fruits are not only of Jews but also those chosen from among gentile nations. I am not saying others who serve in a lesser fashion will be thrown away. I am simply saying First fruits are those who dedicate their lives in the FULL SERVICE of God ALONE. If not for those few Heaven would have none. You may not be a first fruit is all. That is between you and God . I do not know the end of your life or anything that may follow from this point forward. But no doubt, I am right about First Fruits.

13. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one is hating on Trump because they do not believe he is the begin and end all, as many others think. Nor do they think there are no Christians in this nation. But that men are Christian in this nation because of Christ not Trump. And ,that Christianity is measured by the CHRIST STANDARD not the Trump standard which is lukewarm. He is not a first fruit. First fruits do not follow anyone but the Lamb. They do not step left or right but stay within the Spirit in servitude to the Lord. You and Trump will fulfill whatever it is to be fulfilled. God is after all , sovereign over the affairs of men. He is the one who makes men and their kingdoms rise and fall. However, His KINGDOM alone will have no end and to that we are called. And those commissioned with spreading the gospel of the kingdom of heaven rise above men and their kingdoms.

They admonish men and esteem and direct men of all parties to Christ. So, not being on the Trump train or any political train for that matter and following Christ alone makes for FIRST FRUITS, it is being about the Father's business. Being sovereign over the affairs of men does not mean God does not have His end game in mind. But that, men who think they are in control of things are not. Even men's lukewarmness will serve in the interest of fulfilling God's plans for the Elect. But no doubt, America is NOT a purely Christian nation. If it were Christ would FULLY REIGN and the Commandments of God would be LAW and much of the hypocrisy we see would not be. It is just that simple. But since we are in the end of the age, the lukewarmness of man is no longer acceptable. The gospel has been spread to the four corners of the earth. Men for today will be either hot or cold. The trial coming is going to show men for what they are. You will be either hot or cold , day or night, the Son's of the light or Dark, but not both.

14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Although, I would agree with you about the flying off the handle talk of nuking a nation your biased premise that so many Americans have lost the ability to think straight is more than misguided rhetoric, it reeks of Progressive ideology bias against our country to which the mere thought of you speaking as a representative of our values abroad is something I look upon with disgust.

Your living in foreign does not make you an expert or even a voice for American values. I would say your environment accounts for your very apparent lack of patriotism that is often expressed here in threads like the recent one criticizing the Pledge of Allegiance with your liberal and passive theology that I consider to differ from Christian theological values.

Personally, I would have no part of your proudly contrived "realistic view of America" and would never credit you with being a Patriotic representative of this nation. In fact, you would be one of the last people I would count on to be on America's side should push come to shove.

To have you answer criticisms against this country for us abroad as if you are a valid representative is like hiring a wolf to guard sheep in my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    First of all, we are not loyal to our country above God. a Christians homeland is the eternal city. We are but passing through.We do however, obey the laws of any land that God would so choose to have us born in. That does not mean however, we are to deny the tenets of Christianity. ALL CHRISTIANS are law abiding citizens.That is all a Christian is called to do for any country, not be criminals, Above all serve God alone and respect the dignity of men Just because someone disagrees with some of Trumps policies does not make them Progressive in the sense you state. You are beginning to sound like many of the Roman empire who demanded loyalty to country first. That is not how it works for Christians. A country certainly is better off for our presents but we are not to be forced to accept all of any political systems views. You could apply what you said from a left of the political perspective. You of course would not be for that.

point: You think you are at the right hand of God because you are at the right wing of this democracy .I am telling you first fruits are at the RIGHT hand of God according to the kingdom of heaven . We are above the standard of the world. You have a God given right to believe what you choose. But I can assure you, following Christ alone you will definitely NOT go wrong. Being lead by a political system you will. Blind faith is for God alone not worldly governments.

16. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good. You are being honest. I can appreciate that. Totally wrong, but honest.

And I never claimed to be an expert at anything. But I do have a different perspective, something that many Americans lack.

It doesn't bother me that my view disgusts you. Given your views stated above I am glad to be on a different page than you. I don't know what you mean by my "liberal and passive theology". My theology - unless one can convince me otherwise - is biblical.

In one sense I am not a "valid representative" of the US. I was born in Germany and lived there many years, my mother being German. So I grew up not anti-American but with an extra perspective.

You conflate Christianity with patriotism. American patriotism is not Christianity. The two are different. We are not required to be patriotic. But we are required to render unto Caesar the things that are Ceasar's. I do appreciate the America that the founders envisioned. Maybe it is still possible to get back to that.

But each country has its patriotism. And American patriotism very often plays out to the detriment of other countries. Foremost in wars but also economically. And, yes, insight about this does come from living abroad.

Getting back to the OP and my evil theology: I am the one who brought up the appropriateness of the Luke passage (calling fire from the sky). There has been no response from the warmonger on that. I take it as proof that they recognize that that particular shoe does fit. The only responses were "Dog eat dog" and that I am an "idealist".

But we are not dogs. Christ supposedly saved us from that.

#56 asterisktom, Jun 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We’re you ever in the military?

18. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you always open your arguments with a strawman? :Rolleyes

19. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. USAF. SAC. And you?

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    USMC.... so you drove a bus.

We were taught very different things apparently.

The enemy ... and I consider Iran are to be given no quarter. We commonly ran around the barracks with the words, “ honor, courage, commitment! Kill, kill! Marine Corps.

#60 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 21, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1