1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JUSTICE

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    JUSTICE

Acts 25.7-12

Accusers of the Paul could not bring any reasonable proof of their accusations, but as always happen in these cases when the false witnesses are presented in order to condemn someone, just like in Paul's case, verdict already has been predetermined even before court session started, because those who accusing innocent person for whatever reason, wanted him or her to be punish, imprisoned or executed (verse 7).

Paul in this case, as he has before in the assemble of the Jews, defended his innocence and declaring that he had done nothing wrong deserving imprisonment of death. Paul openly announced that if he guilty and deserving death he would not resist to die (verse 11). What Paul actually want from the court is the proof of his guilt and nothing more.

By this statement Paul wanted show and make authorities understand that he is no threat to anyone, never broke any law or religious Law of the Jews and did not hurt anyone in any way.

But for the reason that Paul perceives that the Roman authority eventually will give him into the hands of the Jews, he asks Roman governors to send his appeal to the Roman emperor.

Does Paul made this move to avoid certain death from the Jews or he saw opportunity to go to Rome as was announced to him by GOD (Acts 23.11), is not quite clear, but whatever the reason of Paul in such move, his destiny already has been determine for him and his fate sealed.

Of course, Paul still has free will and could beg for mercy, give a bribe to authorities, make a plan to escape, or make a deal with the Jews to stop preaching about Christ, or even ask the Lord not to send him to Rome, but Paul did not do any of these things.

Paul already knew his destiny and already made his mine to go all the way, considering death in the Name of Christ as a great honor and a great privilege.

Verse 16 shown some of the customs of the Roman justice system, which is to give chance of defense to those who are accused of crime. This is nothing new, because long before Romans, even from ancient times, people have the right to defense themselves against any accusations and such practice has been found among all nations of the world.

In contrast to today's justice systems, accused sometimes even not allowed to speak or defend themselves from the charges and accusations against them. The defense of the accused often put in the hands of the lawyers who are often cannot make proper defense negligence or indifference to their client, unwilling to provide crucial evidence, or simply do not care for their client.

True Justice never existed on Earth, the True Justice only can be found in the Bible and in Heaven, which people know but do not follow. The Laws of GOD is the True Justice and those who follow His Laws will be blessed and saved.

Actually, perhaps Paul even has no hope to receive true justice from the emperor but was ready to suffer and die for the Name of His Savior knowing his fate.

2. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Revelation 6:9-11

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the Word of GOD, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Revelation 12:6 and 9-11 and 14-17
    6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of GOD that they (the Old and New Testaments) should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days-1260 days or 42 months.
    (1st half of the last week, week 70th Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 12:7)

9And the great dragon was cast out,that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out (from heaven
    Ephesians 1:3) into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven(Ephesians 1:3-8), Now is come salvation, and strength, and the Kingdom of our GOD(Revelation 11:15-18), and the power of His Christ:
    for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our GOD day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb(on the cross), and by the Word of their testimony (by the Old and New Testaments); and they loved not their lives unto the death.
    12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.
    Woe to the inhabiters of the earth(ISRAEL) and of the sea!(GENTILE NATIONS) for the Devil is come down unto you(was cast out from heaven-Ephesians 1:3-8), having great WRATH, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

14 And to the woman were given TWO WINGS of a great eagle(PSALMS 91:4), that she might fly into the wilderness(ISAIAH 60:8), into her place, where she is nourished (by the Word of GOD, the Old and New Testaments, the Word is GOD), for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent (1st half of the lastweek)

15 And the serpent cast out of his MOUTH water as a flood after the woman(REVELATION 16:13-15), that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his MOUTH. (something similar Exodus 7:9-13)

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make WAR with the remnant of her seed (144K), which keep the commandments of GOD, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. (they have the Spirit of Prophecy-Revelation 19:10)

Revelation 19:5-10
    5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our GOD, all ye His servants, and ye that fear Him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters(GENTILE NATIONS), and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord GOD OMNIPOTENT reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of GOD.

May our Lord GOD bless and keep us, and give us His protection
    Amen

3. GentleGospeller

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well in several places God sends warning:

Act 20:22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
    Act 20:23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
    Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Act_21:4 And finding disciples, we tarried there seven days: who said to Paul through the Spirit, that he should not go up to Jerusalem.

Act_21:11 And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
    Act_21:13 Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.
    Paul himself wanted to go to Rome:

Act_19:21 After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.​

4. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Acts 26:31-32
    31 Paulo did nothing worthy of death or of bonds.
    32 Then said Agrippa unto Festus, This man might have been set at liberty, if he had not appealed unto Caesar.

Acts 27:1-2
    1And when it was determined that we should sail into Italy, ...
    2 Entering into a ship of Adramyttium, we launched, meaning to sail by the coasts of Asia;..

Acts 28:11 to 31
    11 And after three months we departed in a ship of Alexandria, which had wintered in the isle, whose sign was Castor and Pollux.
    13 And from thence we fetched a compass, and came to Rhegium: and after one day...we came the next day to Puteoli:
    14 Where we found brethren, and were desired to tarry with them seven days: and so we went toward Rome.
    15 And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far as Appii forum, and The three taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked GOD, and took courage.
    16 And when we came to Rome, the centurion delivered the prisoners to the captain of the guard: but Paul was suffered to dwell by himself with a soldier that kept him.
    17 And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said unto them, Men and brethren, though I have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.
    18 Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me.
    19 But when the Jews spake against it, I was constrained to appeal unto Caesar; ...
    20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.
    21 And they said unto him, We neither received letters out of Judaea concerning thee, neither any of the brethren that came shewed or spake any harm of thee.
    22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.
    23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of GOD, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
    24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
    25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
    30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
    31 Preaching the kingdom of GOD, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Epistle of Paul Apostle to the Romans:->1:7-8 (written in 57AD)
    7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of GOD, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from GOD our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    8 First, I thank my GOD through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Sometime after, around 10 years after, year 67AD, when Paul was killed, the true Church of the Lord in Rome, developed by Paul Apostle, it apostatized itself by complete, and linked itself to the Roman Empire, and turned itself the cradle of the Antichrist(1John 2:18-19). And later the former true Church of the Lord in Rome, now an apostate Church, was called FIRST Catholic Church, and at about 67 to 76AD, was elected the 1st Pope, Pope Linvs(from 64-67AD), and was created the PaPacy -Pater Patrum-. Later the apostate Church of Rome was called Roman Catholic Church, and it is until the current time.

Jerome described Linus as "the first after Peter to be in charge of the Roman Church", and Eusebius, among others, described Linvs "the first to receive the episcopate of the church at Rome, after the martyrdom of Paul and Peter".

Actually, the birthplace, or the cradle of Antichrist, was the own Church, unfortunately, see how.
    The Antichrist was born and rose up from the own Church-See how