NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lakers were a pretty dysfunctional team by the NBA finals last year. Miami isn't. If Shaq is healthy, Miam is capable of knocking off Detroit. Otherwise, it's Detroit in 5, maybe 4.

2. Timtoolman New Member

Analizing the game is part of the fun KenH. I don't see the heat stacking up well agains the pistons at all. Rip, Chauncy, Prince, Rasheed and Wallace are all too many weapons for most teams let alone the Heat. Anything can happen but if the pistons are all on thier game, which they usually are it will not be a difficult series for the Pistons. I believe they are that much better then the Heat. I believe the Pacers are a much better team then the heat and whats left of the west. I hope Shaq is well because well or not the heat does not match up well with the Pistons.

We shall see tonight.

3. 4His_glory New Member

The Lakers did not loose because they were a dysfunctional team, they lost because they could not break Detroit's defense, the same reason Miami will loose this series in six games if the Pistons play the defense they are able to play.

Shaq is not not the x-factor, he dosen't play that well against Detroit, so wether he is healthy or not is a non-issue.

4. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think the Detroit fans need to take off the Piston colored glasses and see that there are 4 good teams left, any of them very capable of winning the title.

5. ccrobinson Active Member

Shaq doesn't play well against Detroit? I'm not sure I agree with that. These stats suggest differently.

2004 NBA Finals
    Shaquille O'Neal
    Game 1: 34 points, 11 rebounds
    Game 2: 29 points, 7 rebounds
    Game 3: 14 points, 8 rebounds
    Game 4: 36 points, 20 rebounds
    Game 5: 20 points, 8 rebounds

Shaq's health is crucial to whether Miami can win the series. With him, they can and I think they will. Without him, they don't have enough firepower to overcome the Piston's D.

6. 4His_glory New Member

Umm, who won the championship? Shaq's numbers matter very little against Detroit.

Yes there are 4 good teams left, but there is only one team with the best starting 5 in the leauge right now and that is Detroit. That statement is not original with me, it is echoed by many sports writters and analysts.

7. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Can you please post articles and comments from all these so called sports writers? And they better be sports writers that are not from Detroit....

8. 4His_glory New Member

I read several guys comments on ESPN.com, It was a couple of weeks ago that I did so.

9. 4His_glory New Member

10. Timtoolman New Member

Just playing the odds SBC. They won it all last year and they have only gotten better. Yeah its possiable that one of the other teams could win but not likely. I mean if your saying that one of the other teams could win if the moon is right and everything goes their way, then I agree. Any of the other teams could win. However if all teams put best foot forward the pistons will come out on top. Otherwise I think your wearing the rose colored glasses.

Deeeeettroit Basssskkkketbaaallllll!

11. ccrobinson Active Member

Who's arguing about who won the championship? First, you said Shaq doesn't play well against Detroit, but now you say the numbers matter very little. I think the numbers show that Shaq played well in the 04 Finals, but it ultimately didn't matter because the 2004 Detroit Pistons were a better team than the 2004 Los Angeles Lakers.

12. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spurs are much better than last year. As long as they stay healthy, they are my pick to win the NBA championship.

San Antooooonniiiooooo Bassskkkketbaaallll!

13. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ken, I would agree with you. I think San Antonio will win it all. I am not sure Detroit is going to get past Miami. But I am looking forward to seeing it.

14. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The Pistons looked good tonight in handling Miami. I give them credit. But I think it will be a long series.

15. Timtoolman New Member

Sorry guys have yet to see any reason why you would think SA would win. The Pistons are a great team. They have great players but know how to play team ball. That is the key. Shaq, Wade, Duncan, no one or two men are going to beat the Pistons. I love watching a team play like that.

The championship IS theirs to GIVE away.

16. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no longer any great teams in the NBA. I doubt any of the four teams left could win more than one game in series versus Jordan's or Magic's or Bird's teams from the 80's and 90's. The NBA today is an inferior product compared to what it used to be.

But back to the present day. Evidently, you know very little about the Spurs. The Spurs are as team oriented as any team in the NBA. The Spurs play defense as well as any team in the NBA. And as they showed on Sunday, the Spurs can play offense as well as any team in the NBA. And if the Pistons are lucky enough to make the finals, they will learn this the hard way.

I would watch all of this smack talk you're doing, Timtoolman, or else you may find that crow is not a very appetizing dish.

I rooted for Detroit to take out the Lakers(who I can't stand) last year. But if Phoenix is somehow able to beat out the Spurs for the finals, I'll certainly root for the Suns versus the Pistons.

17. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

18. Timtoolman New Member

There are no longer any great teams in the NBA. I doubt any of the four teams left could win more than one game in series versus Jordan's or Magic's or Bird's teams from the 80's and 90's. The NBA today is an inferior product compared to what it used to be.

But back to the present day. Evidently, you know very little about the Spurs. The Spurs are as team oriented as any team in the NBA. The Spurs play defense as well as any team in the NBA. And as they showed on Sunday, the Spurs can play offense as well as any team in the NBA. And if the Pistons are lucky enough to make the finals, they will learn this the hard way.

I would watch all of this smack talk you're doing, Timtoolman, or else you may find that crow is not a very appetizing dish.

I rooted for Detroit to take out the Lakers(who I can't stand) last year. But if Phoenix is somehow able to beat out the Spurs for the finals, I'll certainly root for the Suns versus the Pistons.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thats all opinion and you know what they say about opinions. You left out the bad boys who use to trounce Jordon and His boys for a few years. They also took out the celtics and LA. I guess you either dislike the Pistons or you knowledge of BBall is limited.

Noted on the crow. I have thought of that Ken but I am still going with the best team. If I eat crow then hey, not the end of life for me.

Pistons will take out your beloved SA or Suns. Neither one cannot stack up to the talant on the pistons.

I disregard you earlisr rant on the nba. I am 47 and there are good teams today. I did like the celtics, McHale Bird Parish also thought they were a great team in their time but I will not go along with your statemtent that somehow the teams are not as good.

When I was a boy...................oh brother!.

19. Timtoolman New Member

Deeeeeetroit basketballlllllllll !

20. Timtoolman New Member

And if the Pistons are lucky enough to make the finals, they will learn this the hard way.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ya know, I think its yours sense of humor I appreciate the most!