Pre Tribulation Rapture Questions

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steve of Brownsburg, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I don't know if I'll ever understand all the different views of the End Times.

2. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then there’s mid trib...

3. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No wonder I'm so confused. I guess that's why so many people just give up and take the "it will all pan out" attitude.

4. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul also says that there is neither male nor female so does that mean that we should all use the same toilet?

5. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good one :). He was saying that there is no advantage in being a Jew, and there is no advantage in being a man. His main point was in Gal. 3:29 - "if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

6. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that just a matter of using proper grammar?

7. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In English - yes.

In Koine Greek - yes, but it also adds the nuance of ID specificity because there is no indefinite article in koine other than "anarthrous" (no definite article).

8. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

9. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So John could have made a reference to the 1,000 years in a different way and still have it be grammatically correct? Could you provide an example? (I don't want to put you on the spot, but if you happen to know, I'd appreciate it.)

10. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @HankD was just explaining that to me. Interesting, but it doesn't change my view. On another note, I just realized that part of your signature is a link to a song, and I was just watching it. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

11. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that it has to mean the same thing for everything. It does not mean that there are no longer slaves because we know there are white slaves and slaves galore in Islam. We know that there are still two genders. And we know that there are still Jews and gentiles.

That verse is not capable of being twisted by preterism because preterists are Greeks who are free and who are either male or female. :Alien

12. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jacob refers specifically to the Jews and it is talking about the flight of the Jews after AntiChrist says that he is God. The Jews have been persecuted from ancient times until today.

I am very happy that you like the song "To Be Like Jesus"! I think that we Baptists should borrow it from the Salvationists who wrote it.

13. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed - those contrasting groups are still with us. Paul was not talking in a literal sense, but was speaking of our spiritual inheritance. Jews and Gentiles, men and women, slave and free all have the same spiritual blessing when they put their faith in Christ Jesus. I'm not trying to twist any verses. The meaning seems very clear to me.

I see the main point of the Galatians 3 as we are redeemed from the curse of the Law. I'm sure we agree that justification by faith is a key point. That very point is why it makes no difference whether one is a Jew or Gentile, etc. If I may ask, what do you think Paul is saying here?

14. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him: But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them. Jer 30:6-9

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. Dan 12:1 trouble In LXX same Greek word found in Matt 24:21

Prophetically speaking are Jer and Dan speaking of the same time frame and it being the same time frame of Matt?

Isn't the language of Dan the same as Matt. IMHO and I may be wrong it appears to me the Great Tribulation is Jacob's trouble.

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

How many kinds of trouble can there be, such as was not?

You said, "danger", I said, "grave danger", you said, "is there any other kind.".
    1Lieutenant Junior Grade Daniel Kaffee

15. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So one should not refer to Abraham's spiritual descendants as "Jacob". For the record, I don't believe in "the AntiChrist", but that's may be a topic for another day.

16. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will tell you about the Great Tribulation very briefly. There will be 3 1/2 years of worldwide peace even in Israel where the 3rd Temple will have been built in the place where Solomon's Temple was. Animal sacrifices will have been resumed by the Jews. Then the AntiChrist will enter the Temple and proclaim himself god and require everyone to take 666 as a tattoo. The Jews will flee to Petra and everyone else will run for their lives. Those caught who refuse the mark of the beast will be executed. Those who take the mark will go to hell when they die. At the end of 7 years Jesus will return.

17. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All it means is that Jesus loves you the same as everybody else no matter what you are and it means that the ground at the Cross is level and it means that there is room for you at the Cross where my Saviour died. It means that you must be washed in the Blood of the Lamb.

18. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A few questions, my Brother. I apologize up front, as I do not want to appear confrontational. Just looking for a deep discussion, and you strike me as a true Biblical scholar.
    1. Where do you find 3 1/2 years of worldwide peace in Scripture?
    2. Where do you find a 3rd Temple built in Scripture.
    3. Where do you find animal sacrifices resumed?
    4. Why would animal sacrifices resume? Jesus was the Ultimate Sacrifice.
    5. Where is "the AntiChrist" in Revelation? (I am guessing you are referring to the Beast that comes out of the sea in Rev. 13.)
    6. Where do you find the Jews fleeing to Petra?
    7. Where do you find 7 years of tribulation in the Bible?

19. Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So a Jew who is not washed in the Blood of the Lamb has no more hope of salvation than a Gentile who is not covered by the Blood. BTW - We are carrying on two conversations. Could we combine them into one for simplicity?

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus spoke to the tribulation of AD 70, AND to the future Great tribulation!