1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Read Again

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Marooncat79, Jul 3, 2024 at 3:11 PM.

1. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 13:30

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

notice the order here:

1. Gather up the tares 1st

2. Bind them

3. Burn them

Then gather the wheat (the people of God into my barn)

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not exactly.
    Matthew 13:30, . . . Let both grow together until the harvest: . . .

There is the fully grown wheat.
    And verse 24 it is a parable.
    The actual events are no parable.

3. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Dude. They do grow together

that’s not the point that I was making

that’s why I titles it read again

4. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Parables are prophecies. The seven parables describing the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven in MATT 13 is the progression of this age, beginning to end, while the King is away and his domain is under stewards. He has sent angels to gather the tares into bundles. These are religious systems and cults and denominational groups. They are being prepared for elimination from his kingdom by the fires of the tribulation but before they are burned he will gather his wheat into his barn. This is the rapture of the church. It just makes sense. When this is accomplished the King will return and take his earthly rule.

LK 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
    12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.
    13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
    14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this [man] to reign over us.
    15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

The citizenry of the kingdom must be established first before the King appears and takes his rule in person because of this;

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The purpose of the great tribulation is to purge those who will not believe.

Speaking of this time:

De 4:27 And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.
    De 28:62 And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy God.

Isa 24:6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The wheat would be fully grown. So the saints would have had to put on immortality.
    So that would have to be effectively post rapture in actual events.

6. Marooncat79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Notice that the text does not mention a rapture

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist