Study Question: Revelation 12:1-6 - Who is the Woman?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be true it it neither proves nor disproves his claim.

2. taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand literal interpretation quite well, despite your claims to the contrary.

My understanding of Revelation is because, unlike you, I do not project a theory into the book.

I agree. In Revelation we never read of the Church being removed from the Tribulation. Instead, we see it, literally, going through the Tribulation.

In every chapter of Revelation we see John "revealing" the Bible to us from Adam to the return of the King, Jesus.

Revelation is apocalyptic language. Do you understand apocalyptic language? It's not literal, but it is pointing at what has taken place in all of history.

Parables show us a heavenly idea using an earthly simile.

I agree. It points us to literal things that have already taken place, are taking place, and will take place, using symbolic language.

3. taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all. For example
    Psalm 2:7-9 has yet to happen. John points to this in Revelation.

The king proclaims the Lord’s decree: “The Lord said to me, ‘You are my son. Today I have become your Father. Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance, the whole earth as your possession. You will break them with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots.’”

Indeed, it is a Revelation of what Christ has been doing since the very moment God the Father introduced Jesus as the Firstborn to all the created Angels.

It points to all that has already been revealed in the Bible from Genesis to Judge. It tells you what God is doing, explaining the meta narrative of scripture.

The genre is apocalyptic.

To miss the genre is to miss all that John is pointing at in the entire Bible and imagine that all of Revelation is future facing.

When I point to all of scripture, I am showing you the literal interpretation that John is conveying in apocalyptic language. But, you will not acknowledge all the massive amounts of scripture John is showing you to connect the Bible to Revelation.

We agree that there is a literal Adam and Eve. Do you recognize that John points you toward Adam and Eve in Revelation 12?

Agreed. The enmity is very real and the Israel of God as God's elect people is very real. You and I are very much the Israel of God. Literally.

Yes, the return of Christ after the Tribulation is very literally real. It's the rapture of the church, before the Tribulation that is fiction.

Indeed, how one who studies scripture does not see how John is revealing all of the Bible to us in his letter is truly amazing. How is it that you don't understand these things?

4. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you did you wouldn't ask some of the questions you do whether you agree with it or not.

5. taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First off, I apologize for the two posts above as I believe they should have been in the other thread.

Second, you provide, literally, no evidence, yet make big sweeping gestures as though thrashing your hand through the air somehow gives you legitimacy.

I answered your claims, one by one, and you are metaphorically sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la, la, la" with the idea that somehow this makes your claims valid.

You have been given ample time to prove your point and you have failed. Why? Because you cannot prove a myth that you have bought into, that comes from a quack theologian in the 1800s.

If your view has merit, you could prove it in the Bible and you have done nothing to that end. Literally nothing.

6. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Just because you disagree doesn't mean I have nor proven it. As this post I quote here is an example your posts are childish. I will leave you to it.

7. taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all can read. You have never provided any biblical evidence for a pre-trib rapture and you certainly cannot provide anything in the book of Revelation. But, this is for the other topic, not this one that is dedicated to who the woman is in Revelation 12.

You have displayed no evidence for your opinion being valid. I suggest you may hold your view, not because it is in the Bible, but because you were taught this view by someone who convinced you.