1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The God of Salvation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Sep 23, 2024 at 10:52 AM.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE GOD OF SALVATION

The idea that God is trying to do anything is contrary to the scriptures. The idea that God wants anything is an abomination to His diety. The idea that God is pleading makes Him a beggar, unworthy of worship.

It should be glaringly obvious that these things aren't true concerning Almighty God, but this is exactly the way He is presented in the vast majority of religious services. Folks are told to "Let go and let god", or "Allow god to come into your life", or "Make Jesus your lord" as well as a thousand other variations of these well worn themes. The God of scripture is ignored in favor of an idol of men's imaginations that better serves their felt needs. The beggar god of men is the currency of false religion, making the adherents twofold more a child of hell than they were, all while singing, O How I Love Jesus.

Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

When the Lord reveals Himself to a sinner, his former idols, as well as the dung of his former religion is renounced. It is impossible to join hands and sing Kumbaya with former things for that is the worship of another god, who is but an idolatrous abomination that cannot save.

The God of scripture is the God that hardened Pharoah's heart, (Exodus 4:21, Exodus 7:3, Exodus 14:4) made king Nebuchadnezzar eat grass like an ox, (Daniel 4:33) created the wicked for the day of evil, (Proverbs 16:4) and has chosen His sheep in Christ, before the foundation of the world. (Ephesians 1:4)

Almighty God will not surrender any part of His sovereignty to sinful man. He condescended to sinners only through the blood of the cross of Christ, which satisfied the sovereign law and justice of God in the place of every soul that blood represented. This did not minimize His sovereign authority in any way, but rather established it. Not one of those represented by Him merited this sacrifice, or participated in it in any way. They do not embellish, nor make His sacrifice effectual through any prayer or action of their own. They were saved by the sovereign will and purpose of God, for His glory alone. The righteous obedience unto death of Christ alone, demands life for every soul in whose place He stood. We add nothing to this glorious salvation at any time, in any way, by any measure. Indeed, faith, repentance and sanctification are simply gracious gifts and fruit of this glorious salvation that He alone has wrought.

God is not pleading for us to accept Christ, for those chosen in Him have been accepted in the Beloved from the foundation of the world. They have been clothed with His righteousness and place no confidence in the flesh. They live and rest in His sovereign decree that He is now and evermore, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Isaiah 46:9-11 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
    Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
    Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Psalms 118:22-23 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
    This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

- written by Kenny Dyess, via his Facebook page.

#1 KenH, Sep 23, 2024 at 10:52 AM
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2024 at 10:58 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve seen some of Kenny’s sermons! I particularly like this one… Two Faiths

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll have to try to watch that one. Thanks! Kenny and Pastor Richard Warmack looked a lot younger then. :Biggrin That was 7 years before the Lord led me to Grace Baptist Church of Ruston.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been listening to Sermon Audio for years.