The Heavenly Zion and Jerusalem. .....the Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Feb 22, 2016.

1. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is a total non sequitor.
    Do you hold grudges forever? Never let go of things? Don't know the meaning of forgiveness?
    Did you ask for clarification on the matter? I don't even know what you are referring to, but you are certainly not referring to anything I posted, are you?

2. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have already answered those questions many times.

3. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have forgiven you many times, Brother DHK. But Rippon, Iconoclast, BlessedWife318, Internet Theologian, myself, and others have seen the way you handle us. We say one thing, and you twist it to make it appear we said something entirely different. We know your tactics.

And yes, I am willing to moving onward. But your tactics better change, too.

4. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

His clicking a response of mine does not populate it with a verse that's a blatant fabrication. IOW That's another lie. He physically typed it in.

And yes, I get the ASV as well.

5. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Yep he does this to you as well. The lies must just automatically populate as he is typing kind of like what happened when he typed into my quotation, physically, something I never stated, then comes back to say that this is what happened. It's a lie to cover a lie. It's sad to behold that he is allowed free reign to do this. Then the defending of it.

6. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

...then there is the tirade he went on about how I used the word translated. LET'S NOT FORGET HE ALSO SAID 'HERE IT IS: (THEN HE TYPED IN WHAT I DIDN'T SAY) AND ENDED IT WITH 'YOU SAID IT'.

Yes, physically typed it in.

I didn't, but this is the type of stunts he pulls. From where I come from, old school ways, that's called lying.

...but back to his tirade, He went on about how I was saying that I was translated like Enoch, or was assuming this, something to that respect, and went on into absurdity and a straw man beating.

7. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Jeremiah 13:23

8. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Looky here, I quoted a verse reference and it didn't automatically populate the verse. Hmmmm.

9. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oooof!!

11. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not entirely accurate. You have no idea what has transpired in Private Message and in the Moderators Only forum.

12. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's odd. It does for me. Any time I place the cursor over the reference the verse pops up on my screen. Doesn't it do that for you?
    Yes, "hmmmmm" indeed.

13. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not a denial of Omnipresence. It is just a fact. Scripture prophecies a literal, physical Return, and that has not happened yet.

That is not an issue of Omnipresence.

God bless.

14. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no denial that Christ is King, but, just as you state in your post...He has traveled away.

And we await His Return.

And this is the point of several Parables, to describe conditions during that time and what takes place.

We are given a context of Israel:

Matthew 21

King James Version (KJV)

33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:

34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.

35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.

36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.

37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.

38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

We see it in a context of the Church Age:

Matthew 25:13-14

King James Version (KJV)

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

Both depict the King (or the man, in the second account, Who is the Master) not being present and then coming.

He still remains King/Master, but that doesn't mean we can overlook the fact that He is said to have traveled away.

God bless.

15. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Darrell C
    Hello DC

I agree....but DHK denies Jesus is King.....he believes satan rules instead
    Yes...The blessed Hope.....we occupy until He comes
    Agreed DC....

We are given a context of Israel:

Matthew 21

King James Version (KJV)

33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:

34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.

35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.

36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.

37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.

38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

We see it in a context of the Church Age:

Matthew 25:13-14

King James Version (KJV)

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

Both depict the King (or the man, in the second account, Who is the Master) not being present and then coming.

He still remains King/Master, but that doesn't mean we can overlook the fact that He is said to have traveled away.

God bless.[/QUOTE]

16. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

That doesn't make God absent in any sense. Perhaps you're a deist and didn't know it? :D

17. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

Right here;
    9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

4 All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,

5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
    Too bad for them...they are in hell now. I do not care what they thought...they were wrong, like you.
    He came as both ...that is a fact.

Yes...and Pilate said the truth....
    37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

How come you cannot hear this DHK?
    19 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.

2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe,

3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands.

18. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

It is so plain to see, it is right there.

19. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that is a reasonable conclusion, and think it's just a matter that he takes the same view I do, which is that while we, you, I, and DHK, understand that Christ is King of Kings, you, I, and DHK may not equate that in the same way in regards to our current circumstances.

Right now, we don't have to look far to see that Satan's influence in this world is dominant. An example would be, "Do we see Christ as King of the Muslim world?"

The answer would be no, because they reject the Biblical Christ.

But for those of us who are looking for that moment in time when Christ Returns and assumes complete control over the world, we see that in that time will be the exercise of Divine Authority over the entire earth, and this in a literal sense.

Consider when Satan tempted Christ, he offered up the kingdoms of this world. Doesn't mean, even then, that God's Sovereignty wasn't the ultimate power. But, that authority will (and keep in mind this is from a premillennial perspective) be put down when the literal Return we look for takes place.

I actually view that authority to be imposed even just before Christ Returns:

Revelation 11:15

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The
    kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

(ignore emphasis, a result of my search (easy way to pull up the verse))

I see this as roughly mid-point of the Tribulation, and this is where the freedom Satan has had basically ends. At this point, Satan is the "god of this world" in the sense of the power allowed him, and we can see his influence in the governments of the world today.

What we contrast this current state of conditions with is the Theocracy that we see coming, where even false prophets will seek to disguise their beliefs and doctrine, quite unlike our current conditions, where not only are false teachers rampant, but they are very prosperous and thriving.

Just as in the Parables given, the King is still the King, the Master still the Master, but, the King Himself gave us teaching to illustrate the conditions when He was not directly with the servants.

God bless.

20. Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But we are talking about two different things, IT, Christ's rule in His Kingdom still currently alive, and Christ's rule directly in the affairs of men.

We don't equate Christ while performing His Earthly Ministry with the Ministry of today, do we?

It's mostly an issue of perspective between two different eschatologies. I understand my A-mil brethrens' view, and I don't have a problem with it, as I can understand why they take that view. Those of us looking for a literal Return and then the Millennial Kingdom do not view these current conditions as that which will be present then.

My guess is that you know our view as well, so why let this be an issue for contention. If it is going to be debated, great, but keep it doctrinal. No need to imply one has Satan for a King because one believes that Satan is the god of this world.

Here is an example of the weakness of that argument: when Rome ruled over Israel, was Caesar...

A. Christ's King;

B. The King of the Jews;

C. The King of those who recognized his authority;

D. A salad.

Caesar was a king, but only to those who recognized his authority. So too, with Satan, he is a god to those who recognize his authority (which can be accomplished simply by rejecting the authority of our King, Jesus Christ). If Christ is not our King, Satan is the default dictator. He is a usurper of authority, and like Rome, he is occupying this world and holds the world in captivity.

That will end, as I said I believe, during the Tribulation. And when Christ Returns, we will see a Theocracy of the trues sense, which will apply not just in spiritual terms (the ule and reign of God in our hearts), but in physical terms as well.

God bless.