1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Murder of Jesus

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Marooncat79, Jun 22, 2024.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ's death was not murder. John 10:17-18, Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, . . .

#2 37818, Jun 23, 2024 at 11:38 AM
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2024 at 12:09 PM
  2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 2:23

Acts 5:29-33

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him. When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him. When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the culprits sure enough got charged with murder for doing the deed:

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof. Jn 8

23 him, being delivered up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye by the hand of lawless men did crucify and slay: Acts 2

14 But ye denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted unto you,
    15 and killed the Prince of life; whom God raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. Acts 3

10 be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even in him doth this man stand here before you whole. Acts 4

30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew, hanging him on a tree. Acts 5

52 Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? and they killed them that showed before of the coming of the Righteous One; of whom ye have now become betrayers and murderers; Acts 7

39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the country of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom also they slew, hanging him on a tree. Acts 10

28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet asked they of Pilate that he should be slain. Acts 13

They even confessed to the crime and willingly accepted the blame:

25 And all the people answered and said, His blood be on us, and on our children. Mt 27

And the wrath came upon them to the uttermost for His murder:

41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those miserable men, and will let out the vineyard unto other husbandmen, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons. My 21

7 But the king was wroth; and he sent his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned their city. Mt 22

35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. Mt 23

22 For these are days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
    23 Woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! for there shall be great distress upon the land, and wrath unto this people.
    32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all things be accomplished. Lu 21

For ye, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judaea in Christ Jesus: for ye also suffered the same things of your own countrymen, even as they did of the Jews;
    15 who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove out us, and pleased not God, and are contrary to all men;
    16 forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved; to fill up their sins always: but the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost. 1 Thess 2

#7 kyredneck, Jun 23, 2024 at 1:42 PM
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2024 at 1:47 PM
  7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

If he didn't give his life willingly we would still be in our sins!

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Brother Glen:)

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As goes the type, so is the antitype. Joseph is possibly the largest type (by number of similarities) of Christ to be found in the scriptures with the possible exception of David.

Who sold Joseph into bondage in Egypt? Was it his jealous brothers, or was it God?

20 And as for you, ye meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. Gen 50

The sins of the fathers were visited upon the Hebrews unto the third and the fourth generation for the evil that their fathers did to Joseph. But many lives were saved from the famine because God allowed/ordained it to happen. The brothers meant it for evil, but God meant it for good.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who sold Joseph into Egypt?:
    20 And as for you, ye meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. Gen 50

Who killed Christ?:
    10 be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even in him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against his Anointed:
    27 for of a truth in this city against thy holy Servant Jesus, whom thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
    28 to do whatsoever thy hand and thy council foreordained to come to pass. Acts 4

10. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like you and I are on the same page... Just starting a study of Joseph now... Did God sell Joseph into bondage or did God allow it?... Gotta go... Genesis is waiting... Brother Glen:)

11. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it was not suicide, and it was not justice for crimes He did, so all that is left is murder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 23:34, Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does this sound as if He just 'let it go'?

41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those miserable men, and will let out the vineyard unto other husbandmen, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons. My 21

7 But the king was wroth; and he sent his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned their city. Mt 22

35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. Mt 23

22 For these are days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
    23 Woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! for there shall be great distress upon the land, and wrath unto this people.
    32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all things be accomplished. Lu 21

For ye, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judaea in Christ Jesus: for ye also suffered the same things of your own countrymen, even as they did of the Jews;
    15 who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove out us, and pleased not God, and are contrary to all men;
    16 forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they may be saved; to fill up their sins always: but the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost. 1 Thess 2

I assure you, He did not pardon the Serpent's offspring for this heinous crime, nor did He pray for them John 17:9, He prayed for those of His own that were caught up in this moment.

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 9:28, So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit through the mouth of Stephen (Acts of the Apostles 6:10) :

52 Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? and they killed them that showed before of the coming of the Righteous One; of whom ye have now become betrayers and murderers; Acts 7

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit through the mouth of Peter (Acts of the Apostles 2:4) :

23 him, being delivered up by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye by the hand of lawless men did crucify and slay: Acts 2

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, murderers. But per Jesus' own words His physical death was not caused by any one, but Himself.