THE POWER OF FATHER AND JESUS.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Jesus is GOD. It is not because everybody saying it or believing in it, but because Jesus was not created as we are created IN THE IMAGE GOD, but Jesus was created AS THE IMAGE OF GOD, and because of it He is GOD as His Father GOD.

Acts 2.22-24
    22. Men of Israel, listen to these words. Jesus the Nazarene, a Man attested to you by GOD (a Man Whose divine authority was clearly proven to you by all the miracles. GNB) with miracles and wonders and signs which GOD performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know,

Everything what Jesus ever said, conducted, or performed have been done THROUGH HIM by the power and will of His Father.

23. this Man delivered up by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of GOD, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.

It is not was Jesus' plan to be nailed to the cross, but it was "predetermined plan and foreknowledge," of His Father GOD. Jesus only fulfills and execute the will of His Father as He always does.

24. And GOD raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death,

Jesus did not resurrect Himself, but it was GOD His Father Who resurrected Jesus from the dead and gave Him power over the agony of death.

since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.

For Jesus alone is impossible to do anything without the power of His Father, without power of His Father Jesus is powerless.

Jesus numerous times said Himself that He did not came on His own accord but was sent by His Father. Jesus numerous times declared that He do not speak and teach from Himself but whatever His Father told Him to say He speaks.

Whoever believes in Jesus believes in His Father, and whoever follows Jesus follows His Father, and whoever saved by Jesus actually saved by the Father through Jesus.

As I mentioned before, GOD Father and His Son Jesus Are One, and whoever joins Them became as one with Them.

Without Father GOD will be no Jesus and without power of GOD Jesus will be powerless. Jesus do not have power on His own, but all the power comes from His Father.

Despite the fact that Peter was a humble, simple, and sometimes even naive man, fishermen, most likely uneducated in anything, but under influence of the Holy Spirit he understood great mysteries of Jesus Christ what revealed in these passages.

Many people have Bible, the Bible in which recorded many great secrets of GOD, His Kingdom, and entire world, unsurprised wisdom and knowledge, and still, 2000 years later many still do not understand, misunderstand, and misinterpret verses of the Bible. Many have Bible but still do not understand it, which is shame and disgrace for all who call themselves "Christians."

It seems to me that GOD opens His secret for simple, shy, insignificant, and "small" people like Peter was, on him GOD built His Church, and not reveal His secrets to educated, wise, and smart.

Luke 10.21
    21. At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit and said, 'I praise You O Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth, that You hide these things from the wise and intelligent, and reveal them to babes. Yes Father, it was well-pleased in Your sight. (KSB).

2. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not saying much for Jesus Christ.

Each of the things in your posts in bold blue are in error.

I appreciate you thinking that you are thinking, but what you are asserting in the bold blue comments is a different religion, than Christianity.

This is from: John Gill: Doctrinal Divinity - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

"Christ is said to be Immanuel, God with us, God in our nature, that is, God manifest in the flesh, (Matthew 1:22; 1 Tim. 3:16).

"Some additional characters are given of Christ, when he is called God; which show him to be truly and properly God; as, “the mighty God”, in (Isa. 9:6) which is manifestly a prophecy of him; and who elsewhere is called the most Mighty, the Almighty, (Ps. 45:3; Rev. 1:8) and “over all” God blessed for ever”, (Rom. 9:5) over all creatures, angels and men, who are made by him; and he is blessed for ever in himself.

"He is called “the great God”, whose glorious appearing, and not the Father’s, saints are directed to look for; besides, this great God, is explained of Jesus Christ our Saviour in the next clause, Titus 2:13: compare with this Revelation 19:17 where he who is called the great God, is the mighty warrior, whose name is the Word of God, and King of kings, and Lord of lords, (Rev. 19:11, 13, 16) Christ is also said to be the “living God”, (Heb. 3:12) for he only is spoken of in the context; and this is only said of the most high God; which distinguishes him from all other deities, (Jer. 10:10) and, to add no more, he is called, the true God”, in opposition to all false and fictitious deities, (1 John 5:20) for what is there said, is said expressly of the Son of God."

"2. Secondly, The Deity of Christ may be proved from the divine perfections he is possessed of; “for in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead”, (Col. 2:9) not one perfection of the divine nature excepted; or otherwise it could not be said, that all the fullness of Deity was in him.

"God is necessarily and self-existent, and independent on any; such is Christ, he is αυτοθεος, God of himself: as man and mediator he has a life given him for himself, and others, and lives by the Father; but, as God, he owes his life and being to none; it is not derived from another; he is over all, God blessed for ever.

"All of the Trinity was involved in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

God the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

(Acts 2:24, 32; 3:15, 26; 4:10; 5:30; 10:40; 13:30, 33, 34, 37).

God raised Him up again:

(Rom. 4:24; 6:4 [through the glory of the Father]); 10:9; 1 Cor. 6:14; Gal. 1:1; Col. 2:12).

I Corinthians 6:14; "And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power."

Acts 2:32
    God has raised this Jesus to life, to which we are all witnesses.

1 Corinthians 15:15-20
    Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ:..."

The Spirit of God raised Jesus from the dead.

Romans 6:10-11. The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.

Romans 8:11; "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Son Himself lays down His life and takes it up again —

17 "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Romans 1:4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:"

Verse 4. "And declared to be the Son of God",....He, the Son of God, who existed as such, from everlasting, was manifested in the flesh, or human nature: and this his divine sonship, and proper deity, are declared and made evident,

with, or "by"

[his] power; which has appeared in the creation of all things out of nothing; in upholding all things in their beings; in the government of the world, and works of Providence; in the miracles he wrought; in his performing the great work of redemption; in the success of his Gospel, to the conversion of sinners; and in the preservation of his churches and people: here it seems chiefly to regard the power of Christ in raising the dead, since it follows, and which is to be connected with this clause,

by the resurrection from the dead; ... the resurrection of his own body, which dying he had power to raise up again, and did; and which declared him to be, or clearly made it appear that he was the Son of God, a divine person, truly and properly God:
    and this was done

according to the Spirit of holiness; .. by the Spirit of holiness may be meant the divine nature of Christ, which, as it is holy, so by it Christ offered himself to God, and by it was quickened, or made alive, when he had been put to death in the flesh; and which must be a clear and strong proof of his being truly the Son of God.

"To observe no more, immutability belongs solely to God; who is without any variableness or shadow of turning; and such is Christ, the same today, yesterday, and for ever, (Heb. 13:8; see Ps. 102:26 compared with Heb. 1:12) and since therefore such perfections of the Godhead are in Christ, he must be truly and properly God."

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Who is God is of the same Eternal Divine Essence, as being the Second Person in the Triune Godhead. The Holy Spirit is God, also, as the Third Person in the Triune Godhead.

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one in Essence.

Jesus is Very God, of Very God.

Human beings who have the Spirit of God Indwelling in them, through the New Birth, who receive a Glorified Resurrected body, in Heaven, are present with God in unity as one, but they do not become God, as Jesus is.

3. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Omnipotence is a perfection that belongs to Christ, and is peculiar to God, who only can do all things; Christ is almighty, and his works declare it; the creation of all things, the sustentation of the universe, the redemption and preservation of his people, and the resurrection of them at the last day; all which are, “according to his mighty power, which is able to subdue all things to himself” (Phil. 3:21).

4. Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Surrender our human wills to Jesus and ask for it to be synchronised and absorbed into His Holy Will.
    Our happiness, freedom and peace takes place when we are calmed by Jesus and brought to the Great Order of The Fathers Will.

Then this happens.

“I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough.”

When our will is in union with God’s Will, we are “happy at any time in everything that happens “

We desire this and Jesus desires and does this for us. We ask this in union with The Lord’s Prayer.

This state of happiness formerly known as Eden under Adam, is now The Kingdom under Christ.

Many believers allow The Lord to sleep amidst the storm of the human will, wake The Lord and let Him bring His Order and Peace.

This Peace, this freedom and happiness, these many other gifts besides are the result of seeking first The Kingdom, seeking first God’s Holy Will, to bring it to Earth in us as it is in Heaven.

5. Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    #1. Jesus Christ is NOT a created being. I have to tell that to the Jehovah's Witness every time they come to my door. Jesus IS the Creator according to Colossians 1:16.

#2. The Bible says that the Father, Jesus, himself, and the Holy Spirit resurrected Jesus. There was only ONE resurrection so the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are God. One God.
    • Romans 6:10-11 = "The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you. [See also 1 Peter 3:18] and Romans 1:4]
    • Galatians 1:1 = "Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead
    • John 2:19 = "Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” [See also John 10:17-18]

6. Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We use the term “ Begotten not made “.

7. Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    You are contradicting yourself, you wrote, "Bible said...the Father, Jesus, himself, and the Holy Spirit resurrected Jesus" and then you introduced quotes from Romans, Galatians, and John in which clearly said that it was the GOD Father Who resurrect Jesus, and Jesus is not mentioned in all these quotes. Jesus was separated from Father as human to be on the cross, in order to die like human and then be resurrected like human from the dead.

Jesus shown by this that not only death can be conquered and remove from out life but also shown that human body can receive its immortality back as it was at the beginning of its creation.

Himself from the dead. Your argument does not make any sense. Above all you claim that "Bible said" is false claim and by your words you add something to the Bible that does not belong to it and does not exist in it.

I heard from many and from the pastors as well who said, "It is written in the Bible" but checking the Bible I found that it is not in the Bible as he or she claimed. Such people misquote and misinterpreting the Bible's passages, they are deceivers and did not tell the truth, thinking that a person is not knowledgeable enough to know what actually is written. This is the most despicable and cunning act of deception done in the name of own agenda or false doctrine.

GOD Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit are One GOD, no question about it, but Jesus on the cross was not completely part of GOD at that moment, He also was part Human and must be a Human in order to die on the cross as a Human, and after be resurrected by His Father, and by this resurrection conquer the death, ascend to His Father, and as before be with Him as One Part with Him.

Until you understand this, you will never understand Jesus, from Whom He was BORN and Who SENT Him, Who PUT the Words in His mouth to teach, Who RECURRECTED Him from the dead and Who took Him to Heaven to Himself.

You are so indoctrinated in your doctrines that you are ignoring simple common sense that the words Begotten and Born have the same meaning. GOD is not a human, He does not give birth like women do, He create living beings, but in human terms He indeed gave birth to Christ and to everything else that exist, that is the Beginning - Birth though His creativity.

Again, I will place here the most essential passages FROM THE BIBLE, that in simple terminology describe how the GOD Father gave Beginning - Birth, to His Son Jesus.

John 1.14
    14.And the Word (Jesus Christ) became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His Glory, Glory as of the only Begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

To Colossians 1.15.17
    15.And He (Christ) is the Image of the invisible GOD (Father), the First-Born of all creation.

17.And He (Jesus Christ) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

To Hebrews 1.6
    6.And when He (Father) again brings the First-Born (Jesus Christ) into the world, he (David) says, "And let all the angels of GOD worship Him." (Psalm 97.7)

1John 5.1
    1.Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of GOD, and whoever loves the Father, loves the child born of Him. (means, anyone who is born of GOD).

8. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to learn how to read.

God turned His back on the Son and He died. The Spirit of God in Jesus Ascended to the Father from the cross. "Father, into thy hands I commend My Spirit".

Turn that around to where it will do some good.

Is this supposed to be your confession?

Our confession is that of Christianity.

Jesus on the cross was 100% God and 100% man.

Wrong.

You're the one who's common sense has you denying the Christian Faith.

You're making up meanings and saying they mean, "made", or "created", besides them being two words that do not mean the same thing.

Jesus is possessed of the same Eternal Nature as God the Father and Jesus was not created. There has never been any time in existence when Jesus was not Alive and Well as the uncreated Son of God.

Jesus had no beginning. God the Father did not give birth to Jesus.

Have you ever read John chapter 1?

How about the first three verses?

The Son of God, is the only begotten of the Father, and was begotten from eternity, as before declared, and before any creature had a being, and therefore called the firstborn of every creature, Colossians 1:15

Again. You are going to need to learn to read:
    as being what it says it is.
    The person who believes is the one said to be born of God.

There is nothing there that says "Jesus was born", at all, in any way.