1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keeping one's name in the book of life!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 37818, Apr 19, 2024.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ultimate reason one will perish, Revelation 20:15, And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 3:5. He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:4-5, For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

• Like Like x 2
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exodus 32:33, And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Psalms 69:27-28, Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Daniel 12:1-2, . . . and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the difference between the book of life and the Lambs book of life?... Brother Glen:)

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "They are" the same book. It just that for reasons some think "they're" to be "two different books." The book is called the "Lamb's" book only twice, Revelation 13:8 and Revelation 21:27.

Lost perish because their names are no longer in the book, Revelation 20:15.

7. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to believe in a works salvation. Jesus said; Rev. 3:5
    He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I WILL NOT blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.