1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No Conditions

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Apr 22, 2024.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO CONDITIONS

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Millions will go today and hear of conditions they must meet to be accepted by their god. Things like, "making" Jesus, Lord of your life, or "allowing" Jesus to come into your life, or "accepting" Jesus as your personal savior. They are told they must strive to keep the ten commandments, but those are somehow separated from the rest of God's law and the fourth one has been changed from Saturday to Sunday. They are told they must be diligent to tithe, even though under the law, the tithe went to the Levites and the preacher beating you over the head with that responsibility ain't one. Furthermore, he doesn't even know any Levites.

It is a message that is milk and butter to the hearers because it puts salvation under their control. Through using techniques like Jesus movies, church camp, "christian" music and invitations which seem to go on forever, the old gray haired "saints" are comforted, knowing they did the best they could do to "get" their kids and grandkids "saved". The old blue hairs themselves are comforted knowing that they tithe on every penny and give over and above, "keep" the commandments, taught Sunday school and haven't missed a service in forty years. Their comfort is in what they are doing or have done and it has always been so.

The gospel stands in direct contrast to this man centered abomination. The gospel concerns the totality of salvation decreed from eternity and accomplished in time in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ alone. This salvation was accomplished for every soul he represented in the everlasting covenant of grace. Not one of them can be lost, for they are his sheep and he has loved them with an everlasting love.

Romans 9:11-13 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Christ alone has satisfied God's inflexible law and justice in the stead of his sheep. Christ alone has redeemed every soul he represented through his obedience unto death. Christ alone has brought in an everlasting righteousness, so that those he represented as Saviour and Surety are decreed to be the very righteousness of God in him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

There are no conditions that any man can meet to make this effectual for this God honoring righteousness could be accomplished by no one but Christ himself. Any and all attempts to add to, embellish, or participate in his work is a blasphemous affront to the glorious, finished work of Christ. Any argument to the contrary is an argument against Christ and in favor of man.

Christ's finished work is a glorious haven of rest for those who see themselves not as those worthy of salvation, but as the chief of sinners, worthy only of condemnation. It is only by the grace of God that they know and marvel that in Christ alone they are declared to be the very righteousness of God in him, unconditionally.

My hope is built on nothing less
    Than Jesus blood and righteousness
    I dare not trust the sweetest frame
    But wholly lean on Jesus name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand
    All other ground is sinking sand
    All other ground is sinking sand.

- written by Kenny Dyess, via his Facebook page

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The condition not of works, but of whom called.

4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " For [the children] being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;

Does it not say, it is "of Him that calls", not of whom is called?
    The Giver, not the receiver?

Salvation is "of" the Lord, and has nothing to do with our works as believers in Jesus Christ.

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The plural is mistranslated in the singular.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    MLV, Romans 9:11, for* the children were not yet born, nor had practiced anything good or evil, in-order-that the purpose of God according-to his choice might abide, not from works, but from the one who is calling.

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The election is conditional on their call.

8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would rethink that if I were you... Brother Glen:)

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

9. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 1 Corinthians 1.

Paul directly ties the belief in the gospel of Jesus Christ to salvation. That truth must be reconciled with the statement above

Peace to you

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word of God is explicit.