1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SBC's ERLC creates new post: 'Senior Fellow for Human Dignity'?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    from March 2024 press release issued by the ERLC of the SBC

"The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, has hired RaShan A. Frost...Frost is the lead pastor of The Bridge Church in North Charleston, South Carolina, and is also an adjunct professor of Christian Studies at Charleston Southern University."

Frost: "I am excited about lending my expertise in the area of human dignity by serving as a senior fellow with the ERLC".

"Frost...played college football" at Auburn. "He also holds a master of divinity degree from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia".

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I googled 'Human Dignity' and found this:

(aired on CBS daytime television in 1951)

"[dramatic organ music] "Love of Life, the exciting story of Vanessa Dale and her courageous struggle for human dignity"

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is Frost (a cool name, BTW) on what he means (from the article) -

The area of human dignity touches every aspect of our ethical lives,” said Frost. “As Christians, we understand that it informs our view of human life, not as we determine, but as God has established in creation by making humanity in the imago Dei. I am excited about lending my expertise in the area of human dignity by serving as a senior fellow with the ERLC, because this work is an opportunity to present ways for Baptists to think through how human dignity, based on the imago Dei, informs our ethics, social issues, and views of our shared public life in a way that seeks the glory of God and the good of our neighbors.”

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    English, please.