1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured A fire in Hades

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have supported my view with dozens of sources. Here is another Psalms 141:7. Your view seems based solely on your opinion, with no support from scripture or commentary or lexicons. Zip, nada, nothing.

Here again are the Biblical facts:

1. Sheol refers to either the physical grave, where the physical body goes after physical death, or to Hades, where the human spirits of the dead (unless they obtained approval through faith), under the Old Covenant go upon physical death.
    2. Hades is a temporary holding cell for the lost, but will be emptied when all the lost are taken before the Great White Throne for judgment.
    3. Hades will then be destroyed in the Lake of Fire.
    4. Under the New Covenant, those belonging to Christ are taken to heaven to be with our Lord upon our physical death, but the lost still go to Hades to await judgment.
    5. While confined to Hades, the lost suffer torment as in flames.
    6. Under the Old Covenant, the human spirits of the dead who had obtained approval by faith were taken to Abraham's bosom.​

#41 Van, Feb 5, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in your mind you suppose you refuted my view.

You only need one fact to refute my view. A single Biblical reference for Sheol/Hades where it is used to solely refer to a physical grave where it cannot mean the nether world.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is another Psalms 141:7. Will you continue to pretend this indicates Hades? Game over.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalms 141:7, ". . . Our bones are scattered at the nether world's mouth, . . ." Bones are actually placed in physical grave. Hear that difference?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thus a grave is "the mouth of netherworld" does not mean only the grave is being referred to in this verse. You do not ploy up a spiritual realm. Game over

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point is, Psalms 141:7 does not teach Sheol/Hades to be a physical grave.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no point, only the physical grave is in view, because you do not plow up bones in the netherworld No one claimed Sheol/Hades was a physical grave, Sheol has two different meanings!!!!!!! Sheol/grave is taught by Psalms 141:7
    KJV - . Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth
    NIV - at the mouth of the grave.”

Obviously Sheol in this usage can ONLY refer to a shallow area of the earth, thus a physical grave containing physical bones.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because there are no bones there. LOL.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, if you think you can plow up bones in the netherworld, there is nothing I can say.