1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are the five points Biblical or man made?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dale-c, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bob,

It seems that you are trying once again to make an argument that this passage is speaking of spiritual infants. The idea in a debate is to pick a side and stick to it. One can't keep jumping back and forth.

Once and for all....is your view that this passage is addressing spiritual infants or not?

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Thanks Bob...

Maybe you should start a new thread and teach us your views on Romans 9

James

3. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

I haven't changed my position a single time. If you think so, then show me where I did so. In fact, if you are so confident, then get someone else on the planet to agree with your point about what I have said.

Prove it or lose it. Where's the evidence? Show me or be ignored by me and everyone else who wants to have a serious, adult discussion.

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Once and for all....is your view that this passage is addressing spiritual infants or not?

5. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

#285 BaptistBob, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

That one says...

"A message for the mature cannot be delivered to infants in Christ."

When I called you on it...

POST 269....
    You said...."Dude, no! "

POST 270

I went on to say...
    POST 271

then you turn again.....

Who knows what you believe?? :laugh:

At any rate...either way it does not work bob. :wavey:

7. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

I have NEVER said that rulers are infants in Christ. Show us where I have said otherwise if you want to be taken seriously. Everyone is waiting to see it. EVERYONE!

Your ability to produce the evidence will affect how seriously members of this forum take what you say. If you say I "turned again" after post 271, then you had better be able to prove it. Otherwise, everyone -- even those who oppose me -- will think you have issues.

#287 BaptistBob, Jun 30, 2009
  8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

post 266

And the fact that YOU say this is talking about infants in Christ. You said it many times.

and the passages contrast the two wisdoms...
    .....1)
    We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature,

.....2)but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age,

9. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

10. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

Wow, how confused can you get?? You quote me out of context. YOU asked me if pastors of Baptist churches are infants in Christ, and I replied that perhaps sometimes they are. No one in this form disagrees that somewhere there are immature pastors, so there is no controversy there.

However, you have, for some odd reason, taken my comment out of context and applied it to earthy rulers? Why did you do that if you asked me about pastors at Baptist churches? Only you and God know the answer to that.

Again, do you have any evidence showing that I said that rulers are infants in Christ? I'm still waiting.

11. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

The Corinthians value worldly wisdom, just like worldly people do. But the message Paul wants to share with them is "not the wisdom of this age." It is a message for the MATURE.

Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.

12. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I gave it..in full context of the subject.

But if we can't get beyond this, we will never get to the point. What you said in the past does not matter.

Lets be clear before we move on. You see this is speaking to two classes.....

what are those two classes?

I will tell you my view...

class one...the believer.

class two....the non-believer.

Now give a simply reply just as I have and then we can make our points.

13. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

No you did not. You asked me about pastors, not rulers. Here is the post, for EVERYONE to see.

http://baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1424644&postcount=266

You've been harping on it for two days now. It's time to face up to what you have said. Be a man!

Paul says there are the mature and the immature in Christ. The immature value the wisdom of this world, just like unbelievers do. The immature are enamored of the wisdom of this world and live like natural men, unable to understand the message for the mature.

Indeed, you are still not ready.

#293 BaptistBob, Jun 30, 2009
  14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

So are the immature...believers or non-believers?

15. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

Wait just one second. There is no way we are going to continue this conversation until you face up to your responsibilities. You have repeatedly made false accusations, and even ignored the content of the links I gave. You must face your responsibilty, now, for this converstation to continue.

(As for your question above, it has been answered clearly enough that everyone who has not plucked out their eyes already understands it.)

Respond to everything I said in the post linked immediately below, or be ignored.

http://baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1424931&postcount=293

#295 BaptistBob, Jun 30, 2009
  16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

You are acting like a kid bob...grow up.

If you MUST...I will repost...

I said...

NOW....this is when you replied...
    I'm not asking you to say I'm sorry. Just drop it and act like a man...move on.

>>>>>So are the immature...believers or non-believers?<<<<

17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

18. BaptistBob

BaptistBob New Member

No, I did not reply to that with that comment. The reply is to the quote of you concerning pastors.

The following words are yours, and they are the ones I was replying to: "If we were to believe as you wish us to believe...this is saying Gods wisdom is hidden from the pastors of our churches."

The point being, that the immature are not ready for the message to the mature.

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob, 265 266

Never mind. I'm done here.

peace

James

#299 Jarthur001, Jun 30, 2009
  20. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

What's the point in giving the law if predestination isn't going to allow man to be Judged by the law???

It's through the law we know we're sinner, plus we know how to avoid the consequences through Faith in Jesus,

It's this "knowledge of Good/evil" that we're held accountable for the "CHOICE" we make between them.

God can not/will not condemn someone who hasn't violated the law, the law it's self won't allow it,

The only way God could speak of Esau before he was born is through "foreknowledge", else the law, principles of law would be "NULLIFIED".

Many have the "will" to enter heaven, but like the song "I surrender all" haven't surrender all, God only "CHOSES" to saved those who have "surrender all",

Israel believed they were predestine because of Abraham, which is the context of Ro 9, but Paul made it clear that God wasn't obligated to save them just because they were Abraham's descendants,

God was "FREE" to chose whom he will saved, "BUT" they would only be saved "IF" they met God's/laws requirements, that is "Faith in Jesus".

Israel was still trying to obtain righteousness through obedience to the law.

Try explaining the harding of Pharaod in context with scripture that says,

Not the Lord's will for "ANY" to perish, and "ALL" should come to repentance,

Jesus dying for the sins of the whole world that the "whole world"...MIGHT BE" saved.

and the Spirit "STRIVING" with man.

If no one is "without an excuse" on Judgement day, can they say,

"God, you never made salvation available to me".

God only "calls", he doesn't "force" anyone to accept/reject the calling, that is "OUR CHOICE", Jesus proved that with Israel.

I've never read anything about Calvin, all I know is what I've seen posted, "IF" that's a true representation of him/his doctrine, I'll say this:

He didn't believe in the MK or "seventh day of rest", so his "Eschatology" was wrong,

I understand he was also trained in law, which, has he correctly understood, would have never lead him to his "Soteriology" of Predestination in scripture,

When you consider all three, "Eschatology, Soteriology and Law", it "appears to me", Calvin had a hard time getting anything right.

Wrap it all up in not willing any perish. Jesus dying so the whole world might be saved, the free gift to as many were made sinner, Grace exceeds all sin,

you won't have room for the predestination of some to perish. :thumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.