1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Death Penalty: My view

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by canadyjd, Aug 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I would not shoot them dead, bullets are hard to find today & why waste them when a good Louisville Slugger is close at hand. 1st swing takes out the hands or wrists or elbows Next,takes out kneecaps. My Kabar is always near me and razor sharp. One swipe and the ball sack is removed. Then he is taken to the Pocono mountains for a visit with the local bears. After that, if God wants him, he can have him but physically he is going to have a hard time.:Sneaky

#21 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Torture, mutilation, kidnapping?

I don’t think that’s what Paul had in mind in 1 Timothy 1:15-16.

This may be one of the hardest commands of our Lord Jesus to obey. Every ounce of our being is screaming for vengeance. But God tells us to leave such things to Him.

And there is the possibility the murderer or pedophile will actually be saved at some point.

What if you see that person in heaven?

peace to you

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ain't that what I said, Bud?

If we followed His example, what would we do to crooked dealers in the temple?

We might.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good so God commanded me to protect the little ones from harm. I could have killed the child molester... put a concrete pilon around his neck and drowns the sob.

In scripture it says... If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him

I consider a child molester a thief at the very least and more .. much more. He is a murderer, an executioner of an innocent human beings very soul. And when you do that... break in, well you get what’s coming to you

#24 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And let me put some real life experience to this

A pedophile comes into a church in NE PA and gets a job driving the bus and helping the youth pastor with the kids... only thing is he was caught twice and arrested for fondling children. So now he is released into an unsuspecting community and what does he do, take a guess. And it took a while for the church and community to catch on (oh he also joined the Boy Scouts as a friendly leader of boys) . He molested one boy I know, my nephew, who today is severely depressed and wants to take his life. He lives in his bedroom and is unable to leave that room. He is in deep mental disconnect from day to day living. I haven’t checked on the others but I know that robber stole that kids soul and left him a social cripple. I can go on and on with this but sufficient to say, I have first hand experience with pedofiles and I doubt I will be seeing any one of them in heaven.

6. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not the role of the Christian to bear the sword. It's the role of the civil magistrate who God sanctions to kill on behalf of the State. Christians in the magistrate's office have conflicting roles and cannot follow Christ's doctrine of non-restance of evil.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We would "expel the wicked man" (practice "church discipline").

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you also call the cops on him?

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on what he did.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pedofile... he abused children, that’s what they do.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is my two cents worth, and I have not read past the OP:

The bible clearly allows government to use deadly force to protect its citizens. However when California voted on the death penalty several years ago, I voted against it. Not because it was unbiblical, because it is not, but because its administration many times was not just. Too many poor people, too many feeble minded, too many people of color were sentenced to death, but the rich, the well connected, the powerful somehow got off disproportionately. And I believe life without parole equally protects citizens.

Again, just my two cents...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally I’m most familiar with the M9 but any 9mm will do. These repeat offenders should be taken into the woods and shot in the back of the head. Dead men don’t abuse children.
    Further, if you’re into data, I’m positive that child molestation would take an immediate down turn.

13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, my view on capital punishment, which won't change:
    I believe the DP is under-used. There should be no controversy about what drugs to use, whether to use "Old Sparky", gas chamber, firing squad, hanging, or a guillotine. If duly convicted of a capital crime, BARD, (B eyond A R easonable D oubt) that person should be executed soon after conviction.

Ms. Tucker was such a person. She was guilty of several murders, beyond ANY doubt. It's GREAT that she became a Christian, but she still had to pay man's penalty for her crimes against people.

Next, I have several weapons in my home for home defense. All are loaded with "Home Defense" rounds, which are designed to kill a person forthwith. If someone unauthorizedly enters my home-BOOM! While in the Navy, I learned that the US military exists for one purpose-to let the enemy die for his country. I was unsaved then, but I never have considered it wrong to kill in battle. GOD knows the difference in killing an enemy who would kill you if he got the chance, and murder, such as killing a surrendered enemy, or noncombatants who were not aiding the enemy.

As for pedophiles-late in my police time, I witnessed to one. I was riding in the paddy wagon with one from the court to the jail, where he would await transport to the state prison at Orient, OH, considered to be the safest prison for that type of offender. I believe the HOLY SPIRIT gave me that opportunity, knowing I despised pedophiles & child molesters The HS was reminding me that JESUS will forgive anyone of anything except badmouthing the HS. This man believed the Gospel, & was ready to pay the earthly penalty for his crimes. Last I heard, he wasdoing OK in prison, growing in his faith, witnessing to other inmates.

That's my views on capital punishment, etc. & they won'yt change. You may agree or disagree according to the dictates of your own conscience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    That reminds me of a claim I've made concerning "Christians" I've been around. It's "I've been treated the worst by the best". If it wasn't for Christ in my heart, I'd thrown in the sponge a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I would call the police. No, I would not advocate for the death penalty.

16. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You won't find any complaints from me. I've got two little ones and would be willing to do the same if somebody tried to get to them. Unfortunately I'm pressed for time usually between the farm, my software job and the fire dept so rule 7.62x39 will have to suffice. I just have a fine line drawn between violence "in the act" versus violence "after or before the act".

I would add that the church made a massive mistake in allowing someone like him around children. His sex offender records must've shown up in a rudimentary background check. I don't advocate allowing a convicted sex offender near children or women. You wouldn't put a Saved alcoholic in charge of wine (if you use that during the Lord's Supper), you wouldn't put someone with anger issues in charge of security, an embezzler in charge of the budget, and you shouldn't put a self-professed Saved sex offender anywhere near kids or women. Let him run the sound booth or something under supervision.

There's a tension between the biblical teaching of a new believer being in-dwelt with the holy spirit and being a changed being vs the biblical mandate of father's to protect their children and family at all costs. The old man still rises from time to time. In the case above the Church should've gone for the protection side rather than the liberty side.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does all the vigilante "justice" by Christians hold up to Jesus' teaching about loving enemies, non-resistance of evil, turning the other cheek, etc?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) do you believe in using deadly force for self defense?

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thus the importance of having an annual background check on all youth workers.
    Many insurance companies will assist with this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are serving on a jury - would you vote to issue the death penalty - if you were 100% sure of their guilt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.