1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Delaware candidate Christine O'Donnell questions church and state separation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 21, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

No, you are showing the ignorance. It's not in there, but for some reason, you keep ignoring that fact, and repeating your non-facts.

Absolutely, patently false (I'm being nice here). If a Dem makes a crazy statement, you trip all over yourself to either (a) ignore it; (b) explain it; or (c) your favorite, deflect it by changing the subject and trying to impugn Republicans for some unrelated matter.

As I said, you tell some whoppers on here, but none bigger than your statement above.

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Don't be nice. I don't like O'Donnell. But, what's being said about her is not true. If ever there was a case for someone's words being quoted out of context this is it. Someone should be ashamed for spreading a known lie.
    Now I wonder what response I will get? It will be one of two:
    I will be ignored or I be given a homework assignment?
    An apology for spreading a lie would be in order but I'm not holding my breath.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it should be addressed to everyone in all the 57 states.

HankD

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y'all can say that those who say O'Donnell was asking a question are spreading a lie .... but that is not the way the oh so conservative Washington Times see it. They, in their quote, put in a ? ... a question mark.

5. targus

targus New Member

Have you ever spoken with a live person?

Are you aware of such things as facial expressions? Inflection?

Are you aware that sentences were made prior to and after that sentence?

It's called CONTEXT.

You did not watch it.

I did.

You do not know what you are talking about.

BTW - just for your personal gratification and education - the phrase "seperation of church and state" is not in the Constitution.

She is right.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, she is right, but, as I said, she lacks savvy. Everyone is taught that the concept is there in the Constitution. So, when she thought she was being clever, it backfired on her. One must be oh so clever and subtle when dealing with serpents.

Jefferson's usage of the phrase had nothing to do with the meaning tacked to it today. His usage of the phrase was to assure churches that the Constitution would prohibit congress from establishing an official religion. That's it. It was not the creation of a secular state.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

School officials censoring valedictorian speeches by students to remove "offensive" references to God. (take your pick--there's been a bunch; I had to threaten legal action against one school official years ago for that very issue).

Students in Colorado can't wear a cross necklace--but they can wear other jewelry (in the goofy ruling so far, they've decided to allow crosses...but rosaries are still off-limits...) :confused: No-I don't need rosaries...but banning them?

The abuse of the RICO law to specifically target pro-life protestors

Oh, I could go on, but you get the point. Maybe. Or not...

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Crabby is guilty of spreading a lie trying to destroy the reputation of an innocent person. It's low and despicable.

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

"You actually audibly heard the crowd gasp," Widener University political scientist Wesley Leckrone said after the debate, adding that it raised questions about O'Donnell's grasp of the Constitution.

Only the morons gasped and her political enemies giggled at the opportunity to make this woman look dumb.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Just reminding ya'll that Burger King apparently isn't the only "home of the Whopper."

Crabby's fitness tip: 20 minutes per day of backpedaling gives you strong, toned hamstrings.

Larger print? Apparently, our modern-day judges have problems reading it. I'm sure they're just having vision issues...certainly no one would willingly seek to curtail religious liberty. :rolleyes:

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

I find this above statement offensive.

How dare you so brazenly insult serpents by comparing them to such.

:D :D :D