1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Different interpretations based on different interpretations.... lol

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TheOldRanger, Dec 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No I don’t, that’s a first class ticket to clown world. That’s the heart of the problem with Protestantism’s departure from Truth to the supremacy of endless fallible opinions.

‘ what the words mean to you ‘

No. I don’t want my interpretation of scripture, I want the Apostolic interpretation of Scripture, ie Truth.

Anyway guys I can’t keep answering all these questions in one sitting, I have duties to attend, but I will get to them.

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.”

The Holy Spirit operates through the memory of what has been already taught, this is the word of mouth Tradition, Apostolic Tradition, The Tradition of The Holy Spirit. It already abides in them and The Holy Spirit makes them recall it.

Note that it’s not about interpreting text, but remembering what had been preached.

Protestants misunderstand how The Holy Spirit operates, that is why they keep interpreting the scripture conflictedly in endless ways.
    ‘ I Luther guided by The Holy Spirit ‘ , no Bible aloner believes all the doctrines Luther interpreted from scripture.

Luther is proven wrong every time someone privately interprets scripture differently to him.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sectarian view point is Baptist. And yes, Baptist to Baptist also disagree too.
    The case example I picked is the date of the crucifixion.

5. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No the Church got it right.

“I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate”

It was in the time of Pontius Pilate.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nisan 15, Julian date April 6. 30 A.D. Is the day after Mark 14:12.

7. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your telling me and you expect me and others to believe that you do not understand these verses and you have to have a priest tell you what they mean?

Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 12:32 "And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

Act 16:30 And he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
    Act 16:31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

8. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, I understand these scriptures, but that is not my understanding of scripture or the priests understanding of scripture. Our understanding of Scripture is 2000 year old Apostolic Tradition, The Tradition of The Holy Spirit.

We are meant to trust God with all our heart and trust not our own understanding as it states in scripture.

You think it’s normal to trust your own understanding, but it’s not biblical, that’s why Bible alone Protestantism has gone on to countless conflicting interpretations and doctrines.

Don’t do it.

Trust God, Trust The Tradition of The Holy Spirit.

9. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my! Terrible error! Christ founded the church upon Himself! Peter said so. Christ said so!

The church is built upon no man other than Christ Himself.

Paul wrote that the apostles and prophets have laid the foundation of the church, and no other foundation can be laid, and he said the Lord Jesus Christ is that one foundation.

Christians, as living stones, are built upon Christ for one holy habitation of the Spirit of God.

Catholicism is rife with error.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit inspired the scriptures and God has given man the ability to understand those same scriptures.

Understanding what the words of these verses mean is not difficult,

Mat 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
    Mat 16:17 And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 16:18 "I also say to you that you are Peter, G4074 and upon this rock G4073 I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

The testimony of who Christ is is the rock upon which the church is built. But the RCC has to hold to an errant view that Peter is the foundation in support of their false idea that he was the first pope and of your papal succession that is supposed make the RCC the "only true" church. But when the foundation of your church is based upon errant theology then why would one think the overall theology of the church would be any better.

The RCC has chosen to build itself on a man "Peter" rather than on God "Christ Jesus". As a result in it's vain attempt to justify itself it has brought many false teachings into your religion eg. Mary worship, transubstantiation, prugatory, Papal infallibility. All ideas that the RCC has foisted on the bible with no support.

You keep saying that Protestantism has gone on to countless conflicting interpretations and doctrines. I can not speak for other denominations or even for all Baptists. Speaking for myself as a Baptist I do not try to add or subtract from scripture but hold to a personal understanding of scripture as lead by the Holy Spirit.

What you have not addressed is the clear fact the the RCC has added to and subtracted from the text of scripture. You have placed your tradition over scripture and you will spend hours defending that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only Apostolic Tradition in existence is found in the words of the Apostles contained in the New Testament.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That’s not what the Scripture says.

“ Hold to the Traditions ( plural ) we taught you, either by word of mouth, or by letter “

You say you follow scripture alone, but in fact you don’t when you ignore this scripture, you are neither following the scripture or the word of mouth Tradition from the Apostles that the scripture is telling you to follow.

Catholics hold to and follow both the Apostles word of mouth Tradition and the written Tradition as Scripture states.

That’s why Catholics only have one interpretation of Scripture over 2000 years, and Bible aloners have countless conflicted interpretations of scripture in 500 years.

13. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is not a game.

It’s about those who love the Truth with all their heart mind and strength, the Truth is Eternal.

If people prefer discordant human opinion over the Truth, they were never worthy of the Truth.

The Truth will set you free, if you will have it, and forsake all human opinion.

“They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie. “

Any deviation from the Truth, which is singular and one, is the lie.

14. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree it is not a game. Ones salvation is never to be trifled with. The word of God is truth so why does the RCC abuse it at will? As you said those that "prefer discordant human opinion over the Truth, they were never worthy of the Truth." So by your own words the RCC is not worthy in the least. Remember it was human opinion that decided the these views are biblical "Mary worship, transubstantiation, prugatory, Papal infallibility" None are found in scripture are they?

And again using your words "Any deviation from the Truth, which is singular and one, is the lie" Since we know the RCC deviates from the truth of scripture then as you say it is a lie.

You have chosen to follow the dictates of a man rather than the word of God. May God have mercy on your soul.

15. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Catholic doctrine of purgatory. At the Second Council of Lyon in 1274, the Catholic Church defined, for the first time.

The Immaculate Conception of Mary was not defined as a dogma until 1854 by Pope Pius IX

These doctrines you added to the bible so it looks like you do not follow the bible as written.

16. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the Apostles spoke, they later wrote down. That’s the New Testament.

There are no audio tapes from them. Only writings.

Catholicism is arguably the world’s longest-running heresy, extending back to Nimrod.

I do believe many Catholics are saved, not because of, but in spite of the many errors foisted onto them of their unscriptural leadership.

17. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason Catholics don’t have a conflict with their unscriptural leadership is they are taught not to read the Bible, but if they do read it somewhat, they are taught that only the priest can tell them what it means.

Thus, the many errors and heresies have accumulated over the centuries. Bible believers still have the Bible without changes or addendums (I speak of the Received Text).

• Like Like x 1
  18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What became known as the Received Greek text only existed since 1516. And then it had its revisions.

19. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The scripture itself says to hold to both the Oral Tradition of the Apostles and the written Tradition of the Apostles together.
    When you go Bible alone, you are not following the Bible, the Bible doesn’t teach that.
    There is a Living Church with a Living Oral Tradition and Understanding handed down from the Apostles to explain the Scripture.

The people holding to Bible alone, have departed the Bible teaching.

20. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Protestantism began the heresy of holding to “ What is written alone “ and even the scripture teaches against this.

Scripture doesn’t say ‘ hold only to what is written alone ‘.

What scripture actually tells us to do is “ Hold to the traditions we taught you, whether by word of mouth, or by letter. “

We are meant to hold to both the Apostolic Oral Tradition and the Written Tradition of Scripture together.

Catholics do that, we actually do what Paul teaches right there.

Protestantism broke from the scripture when they followed the false unscriptural premise of scripture alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.