1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Down with the flu

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Roy Kling, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Roy Kling

Roy Kling Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tuesday morning I woke feeling like a road waffle, run over and left for dead. I did what I could manage and called it quits at 2PM, took a big gulp of Nyquil, washed down by a quart of water, (it's nasty tasting stuff!). I spent the next 19 hours in bed, more or less.

I learned a long time ago not to be shy asking for prayer. I humbly ask you folks to remember me in your prayers today that the Lord might heal me of this affliction. One of my dad's favorite hymns was, ''What A Friend We Have In Jesus!'' ''Take it to the Lord in prayer.''

Thank you!

• Prayers Prayers x 7
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've my prayers Roy. Sudafed and Mucinex are my 'go to' to alleviate symptoms of upper respiratory infections.

In 2009 I coughed so violently from the flu I gave myself an abdominal hernia. Finally got it repaired about 4 yrs ago.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have my prayers for a quick recovery as well Roy. Sorry you are sick. Tis the season, huh.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get well soon, Roy. I haven't had the flu but I did get a bad cold two weeks ago which bothered me a lot for about 8 days while I took Dayquil and Sudafed, until I finally noticed in the back of the cabinet that I had some Mucinex left over from when I had COVID in February 2022, and once I started taking that, I made a lot more progress. Still got a lot of mucus to blow out from time to time, but I am thankful that God directed my eyes to that package of Mucinex in the back.

5. Roy Kling

Roy Kling Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had the church pray also and after 13 hours of rest in bed, I do at least feel as though it's in it's final stage. Some coughing, a great deal of nasal discharge, but breathing much better and the diarrhea has seemed to cease, that makes things a whole lot better! I actually ate something yesterday, classic chicken noodle soup and some crackers.

Thanks all for the prayers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you are on the mend. :Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roy... Glad you are feeling better!... Wife and I got a flue shot recently... I hope it helps... We'll see!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roy Kling

Roy Kling Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Brother Glen, I got a flu shot in Sept. it didn't block this thing though. My grandson's girlfriend was sick when they visited Saturday and that's probably where I got it. I'm much better than I was Wed for sure.

9. Roy Kling

Roy Kling Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you all for the prayers. I'm pretty much back to normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1