1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fair Tax

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Hardsheller, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and your point? with the E-tax, working "under the table" would be perfectly legal. You would not be able to cheat on taxes as the bank would automaticaly dectuct the tax. Bribes and buying politicans has nothing to do (directly) with taxes.

The current tax system is just a way to control people with the complex system of loopholes, as well as some of the other prooposals, which would all be elimated under the e-tax.

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not sold on the E-tax. Perhaps you could direct me to a website that shows how much support such a plan has and when the next public event will be held to spread the word.

3. alatide

alatide New Member

I'm very much in favor of a simpler tax system that doesn't favor those who can afford to hire expensive accountants and lawyers to find loopholes. However, I wonder how many people here could afford the mortgage on their house if there are no advantages for owning real estate.

4. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Don't you realize that this is part of the "plan" by the feds? With this enticement they keep us under control.

Under a different tax structure - one based on consumption rather than income - we escape this control and have a chance to dig our way out of the pit this easy credit over the last 30 years has put us in.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

>afford the mortgage on their house if there are no advantages for owning real estate.

BIG difference between owning real estate and paying on a mortgage! You need to read "Poor Dad, Rich Dad," or is it the other way round?

Today's paper . . . the CBO note that neither GB, Canada, nor Australia permit deductions for mortgage interest yet their home ownership rates are about the same as in the US. The CBO proposes congress should dump mortgage interest deductions.

6. alatide

alatide New Member

I suppose you're saying that the lucky few don't owe on na mortgage? That's great but I doubt there are many in that situation. That being said, I'd support eliminating the mortgage interest deduction because I'm currently renting. (For once I timed it right. I moved and sold my old place and rented in my new place because of the housing crisis.)

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, of course. After all...it's your right to take money you didn't earn. Besides...we have to punish success...otherwise, everyone would try to work hard. :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot...you're a union guy. You really do approve of legitimized stealing.

8. targus

targus New Member

IMO this pretty much sums up the motivation for most libs - "what's in it for me?".

IMO libs want to make national public policy to be imposed on everyone else based on their personal situation.

"My insurance has a high deductible. I want a single payer national health care plan !!!"

Taxes, health insurance, you name it...

9. billwald

billwald New Member

I have always lived below my means, never bought toys on credit, and my 900 sq ft home on a 5000 sq ft lot in the arm pit of Everett, WA is free and clear. We have block of good neighbors.

10. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Bill, What is the point of this post and what does it mean in relationship to this discussion?

11. alatide

alatide New Member

I was going to say that about the CONs.

12. targus

targus New Member

Really? When were you going to say that?

Unfortunately for you, you can't point to a post by a conservative that demonsrtates the point as well as the one that I quoted from a liberal named alatide.. :laugh: