1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Focus on Joy

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Christina1, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a foreboding feeling in the air. I've been struggling with it all summer and fall. It feels like we're running out of time. I once again come to you requesting prayer. This needs to be massive.

We need to shift to a more positive timeline. The best way to do this is to gently shift our focus to things that bring us joy. A hobby. A family member. A friend. Anything that my makes you feel emotionally good is a good thing to be doing at this time.

The human race is headed in a not so good direction. While it's important to be keep an eye on what's going on in the world, now is not a good time to be spending copious amounts of time in front of negative news headlines or listening to political radio everyday or holding grudges. I'm praying that we can make amends with anyone in our lives who is open to it. Some may not be willing to end conflicts and it's best to distance yourself from those people.

Choose friends and family to be around who make you FEEL GOOD inside. This is key right now. Choose a hobby that brings you satisfaction and joy. As Philippians 4:8 says, let's think about the things that are pure and lovely.

May God support our world in an extra special way during this time of choosing.

Amen

• Like Like x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nehemiah 8:10

10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto him for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye grieved; for the joy of Jehovah is your strength.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1