1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured IT IS FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Sep 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep saying that but you have yet to show where in the verses that I posted that you find works based merit.

2. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF it is not me that you are in disagreement with but rather the Holy Spirit. Do you think God got it wrong when He inspired these texts.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes,

Rom 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1Co 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Joh 3:17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

If God does not consider man responding to the gospel in faith as works then who are you oh man to disagree with God?

3. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF I post scripture so you are disagreeing with the Holly Spirit not me. You have the verses that I posted show me where they show works based salvation?

You present your philosophy, I give you scripture.

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on BF surely you must have scripture to support your philosophy. Just saying you disagree with what the Holy Spirit inspired does not work well for you. You are speaking against God, that does not seem like that smartest idea there BF.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moderator: This thread is closed. I have never seen this many accusations and calling saved people lost in my life.

After closed, I will try to clean up this mess.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and it will remain closed - specifically - DO NOT start a similar thread for a least 30 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.