1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pitbull Attack

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by RipponRedeaux, Dec 8, 2023.

1. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A non-Christian friend of mine told me that her aunt was mauled by a pitbull Wednesday. Tina said her 59 year old aunt Helen was suddenly attacked. Mike, a neighbor tried to pull the dog off of her. He has lacerations on his arm and a deformed hand now.

Helen had 14 bites on her right arm and 8 bites on her left. She got three bites on the back of her head. She was practically scalped too.

She's one tough cookie to have survived. According to Tina, she has never known Helen's husband to cry. This time he was openly weeping.

In passing Tina had said "I want to talk to you about my aunt. I know you are a praying kind of guy." Those were her exact words. Months ago she had cut me off abruptly when I spoke of the Lord. But now things have opened up a bit for her to tell me that. I told her that of course I would pray for Helen's situation --and pray continuously for her. I didn't verbalize it, but I not only want her body to heal, but for her soul to be saved.

The dog will be euthanized on the 18th of this month. I know this particular breed of dog has been treated badly in the press. But the was they have been raised is key. This one is aggressive and quite angry. It has been kept in a cage most of the day for 5 years. No wonder it wanted to lash out.

Please consider praying for Helen. And you can add her husband, Mike and Tina.

Thank you.

* I changed their real names.

• Prayers Prayers x 6
  2. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Helen was released from the hospital. The dog was put down by the state on the 8th. They've had custody of the dog since the incident. Helen had her stiches removed the other day.
    She has psychological scars from the encounter as well as physical wounds.
    Helen has been put on short-term disability.

Thank you for the prayers for her and her loved ones.

• Prayers Prayers x 4