1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the RCC have any boundaries?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our church didn’t need to put new protocols into place to protect our children.

We taught our children to immediately tell us if someone did something inappropriate and then we put them into jail.

The fact you needed new protocols to protect your children is an admission you weren’t protecting them before.

What you have done here is to derail the thread about an obviously unbiblical statement from your Pope that priests can “bless” same s:x couples into a discussion about Catholic pedophiles and Baptist abusers.

I understand you see your effort here to be an apologist for the RCC. That must be difficult on a Baptist board.

Your Pope is in error. Shame on him. He is giving the enemies of God great occasion to blaspheme. He should apologize and resign in shame.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That’s what Catholics said years ago, it was unthinkable. Learn from it.

Right, so only after kids have life destroying incident with abusers, you will then act. That is reactive not proactive, and doesn’t protect kids. Getting background checks and seriously vetting and licensing those working with children is a major part of the new protocols. And many other things.

That’s right, we were like you thinking we didn’t need these protocols. If you look at the long but incomplete list of baptist abusers I posted, you should put these protocols in place.
    It’s about protecting all kids, not crowing the moral superiority of your denomination, or nursing your prejudices against Catholics.

Whilst you are vigorously accusing Catholics, you are ignorant of the enormous child abuse happening among Baptist’s.
    Do I need to post that long list of Baptist abusers again for you to understand that this evil phenomenon is across society, and even worse in secular institutions.

I’m not asking loaded questions like ‘ What is it about Baptist’s that attracts these predators ? ‘.
    They are everywhere, it’s Satan’s attack on all humanity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. The protocols for background checks, always having two people with kids. Never having a man aline with kids of any age etc have been in place for decades.

Like I said, we don’t need new protocols. In addition, we don’t give people second, third, fourth chances to abuse our children. We put them in jail.

Catholics send their pedo priests to another city to abuse other kids (after telling them to say 10 Hail Marys of course and “giving” them forgiveness)

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some dioceses were guilty of sending 'pedo priests' to other dioceses long ago but no more. As far as the consequences for priests that are guilty of ANY kind of sexual abuse the Catholic Church, imposes a life of prayer and penance as a type of penalty used to deal with clergy for crimes and misconduct. It is typically imposed on elderly priests as opposed to younger priests, who face harsher penalties. Your flippant 'ten hail Mary's' accusation is untrue and out of line.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, now they don’t hesitate to call the cops and have the perpetrators arrested. Now the parents of the child in question will file charges and go to court to have someone put in jail for deplorable sexual activity and the courts are less likely to have sympathy for the accused. This is long time coming!

#145 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 27, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again we are now operating in a no tolerance for child abuse world. It’s a shame that so many children in the past had to suffer the indignity in order to get to this place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    The RCC “imposes” a life of prayer and penance as punishment for crimes and misconduct.

Only the RCC would consider “prayer” to be punishment for crimes. How sad.

Does penance include saying “hail Mary”s and “Our Father”s? Yes or no?

Peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Prayer is an important part of repentance. Without Grace people can’t change their lives. It’s mostly about amending ones life. Punishment without amendment is worthless.

Yes amongst other things. Repentance is about changing your life not just about punishment.
    In medieval times, people were sent on pilgrimage to the Holy Land where they could be killed and enslaved by Muslims. It focused more on the punishment side than the amendment side of repentance.

Some in the early church imposed public confession of sin as punishment, but this lead to many not confessing sin at all and not amending their lives.

The main purpose of penance is leading people to change their lives.

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the RCC should “impose a life time of prayer and penance” upon your Pope for this ridiculous, unbiblical statement that priest should “bless” sam s:x couples.

I think I read somewhere your Pope believes Mary is “co-redemptor” with Jesus, so saying a life time of “Hail Mary”s will bring great blessing to him; at least in his own mind.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus was flesh of Mary’s sinless flesh, suffering with Jesus on the Cross, knowing Jesus intimately from conception.

“ and a sword will pierce your own soul—that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”

Mary so loved the world that she gave her only begotten son, as a mother, and Jesus gave her to us.
    Mary fully accepted God’s plan of sacrificing Jesus for all mankind, though all her being wanted to love and protect Him as she had always done.

Jesus trying to comfort His mother and Mary trying to comfort her Son on the Cross, both in desolation.

When Jesus heart was pierced, Mary’s heart was pierced because Jesus was flesh of Mary’s sinless flesh, what Jesus felt physically, Mary felt spiritually.

Christ the new Adam and Mary the new Eve one flesh at the redemption of all mankind, both man and woman redeemed from the Fall.

11. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That’s just one.

One of the sad things about these times is the isolation of men from children, their natural protectors.
    Men are under immediate suspicion, it has become the unspoken norm.

People instantly say programmed perfectly ‘ Well men make up the majority of child abusers ‘, and this is not true. Even accounting for the difference of time spent with children between men and women, women abuse children more, yet are the least suspected, and women are the more likely to kill children. Much of women’s abuse of children is held secret to the grave.

The nasty secret of women’s unquestioned impunity is being unveiled in these inverse times, and Grace is revealing it.

Women should not be left alone with children either.

I was shown by Grace in street ministry the evil women inflict on children, psychologically, physically and sexually.
    There is a particular sign they give off that can only be seen in the Spirit and it is very common.
    It goes against everything we assumed and thought true, it went against everything I assumed anyway, women were the last sacred bastion in the world. That was shattered, evil is everywhere.

We can’t assume kids are safe alone with anyone in these times.

One thing I know, is that the veil is lifting by Grace, people are being revealed for what they are and have done, women included. Eve’s cooperation with the serpent will be revealed. Women will face the same accountability as men, impunity is being completely removed.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This Francis character has nothing on his past two predecessor's. Here is a good example if you will indulge me… one speaks of honoring and becoming saints for the church in an effort to expand Christs Body Vs this guys concerns about priests “blessing” same s:x couples. :rolleyes:

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well here is where I agree with you. I hesitate to vilify the teaching nuns I had as a kid in Catholic School but many of them were evil… from corporal punishment to shaming & humiliating children … I could go on but most Catholic kids from my era can testify to abuse verging on sado-
    masochistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All society was like that. People forget secular schools did the same and worse, people were a lot harder as a society in times past. Remember it well.

Nuns weren’t paid either, a whole lifetime of thankless dedication to teaching badly behaved kids in many cases.

Same with handfuls of nuns starting hospitals, these hospitals are the backbone of our country’s medical system now, something our governments could never afford to recreate.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the heck are you talking about, badly behaved children?!? You mean it was justifiable to flay kids with pointer sticks, beat them with leather belts, smash their heads into chalk boards etc? You have to be kidding me. None of my friends in the state run public schools ever contended with that type of abuse!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, badly behaved children. It’s a concept rarely known or talked about today, but in times past children did in fact behave badly. Unlike today when children can do no wrong

No it’s not what I mean and you know it. Don’t make it sound like the norm, I lived through that system.
    Some nuns were bad, but most were good.

No you’re kidding me. State run schools were the worst.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really don’t know what you are talking about… that’s obvious. In fact, visit any Alcholics Anonymous meeting in New Jersey and listen to the story’s…half or more will reach back into their Catholic school upbringing….horrible treatment!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was taught by my Italian mother two things, 1. Respect your elders, especially the religious… never talk back and never act out in any way. 2. Never rat, never squal on anyone…. So they set me up for these nuns abuse. When they hit me with the pointer I silently took the hit. When they smashed my head into the blackboard for not understanding a math problem… until one day I came home with noticeable bruises. My old man made me tell him the truth. You never saw my father so pissed off. That abuse ended right there and I told my mother and my aunt to remove my brother & cousins from those frustrated lesbos and they did… good by tuition money, uniforms, book bills etc and good riddenceto those witches. My brother rose to prominence for good grades in the math and science classes (which the Catholic school didn’t have) and excelled in sports…again no physical ed classes at St. Mary’s. The cousins also blossomed in the public school system. I blame the nuns for being lying hypocrites because they told my parents we were all little angels in PTA meetings but the next day in class (with out any parental supervision) these women were abusive. You literally created walking into that Catholic school. They used fear & intimidation equal to the German Gestapo as there tools for control, never a kind word and never a well done… and I hate them even today. So don’t give me any back talk about my experiences with RC Nuns… got it.

#158 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    First: Mary wasn’t sinless. Jesus is the ONLY sinless person to walk the earth after Adam and Eve fell into sin.

Second: Mary had at least 6 other children after Jesus. She was not a perpetual virgin.

Third: God the Father gave His only begotten Son. Jesus’s life was not Mary’s to give.

Fourth: Mary can redeem no one. The only person that can redeem is Jesus.

Fifth: Mary certainly receives honor from God as the bearer of the Messiah. But that is as far as it goes.

Sixth: To claim Jesus is the 2nd Adam and Mary is the 2nd Eve and they were “one flesh” is very creepy since “one flesh” refers to intimate relations within marriage…. You might want to rethink that.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion over Mary that many in the RCC has.

BTW… Your Pope’s statement that priests can “bless” same s:x couples is shameful. No wonder so many Catholics are confused.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mikoo

Mikoo Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That cathode response couldn't be more apparent of the false gospel of the rc denomination (blasphemous IMO). SHM. Sad really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.